What a joke of a sentence for killing a child

Our "Justice" system stinks !

Compared to some thats a stiff sentence. its not as if he deliberately killed the girl. If he went out with the intention of killing someone then the sentence would be a joke. As it stands it could have been worse.

Poor Jasmyns parents are at the beginning of a life sentence, birthdays, anniversaries of the accident, holidays and Christmas time etc. will bring the memories spilling back.

Let us all hope that time is indeed a healer and family and friends will be able to remember fondly instead of the raw hurt they currently feel.

Compared to some thats a stiff sentence. its not as if he deliberately killed the girl. If he went out with the intention of killing someone then the sentence would be a joke. As it stands it could have been worse.

How could it be worse?a young girl has lost her life!oh yeh he could have killed 2 people,he'll be out in 3 years and more than likely driving again.

How could it be worse?a young girl has lost her life!oh yeh he could have killed 2 people,he'll be out in 3 years and more than likely driving again.

I think B.P. meant that the sentence passed down could have been for a shorter time, therefore worse.

It could have been much worse for the family. People have walked free from court after killing someone on the road. At least they have some sort of result. At least the tool is behind bars and cant hurt anyone.

---------- Post added 27-01-2015 at 12:53 ----------

I think B.P. meant that the sentence passed down could have been for a shorter time, therefore worse.

Thanks. Yes thats what i meant. I made a bit of a hash of it though :)

It could have been much worse for the family. People have walked free from court after killing someone on the road. At least they have some sort of result. At least the tool is behind bars and cant hurt anyone.

---------- Post added 27-01-2015 at 12:53 ----------

Thanks. Yes thats what i meant. I made a bit of a hash of it though :)

It was pretty obvious to most people what you meant Bill. ;)

Not really a murder is it? If he had stopped after the accident he would likely have walked with a driving ban.

-----------

Nothing is going to bring the young lass back and i really feel for her parents. They will re-live the nightmare for the rest of their lives..

But to be fair, i've seen a lot shorter sentences given for the same crime. The judge has given pretty much the max he is allowed, under the law.

If he is likely to be out in 3 years time, then this is a travesty. The driver obviously had no regard for anyone else when he set off driving without insurance or a license. It should be a seven and half years minimum sentence, in my opinion.

I don't know who the police man is in the star video footage but he comes across very well.

For Jasmyn's family and friends, there are really no words....reading about your statements after the trial though, you have represented Jasmyn beautifully. There is no doubt that she was a wonderful girl, from a loving family, and that love will go on forever. God bless you all and keep you safe until you are with one another again. x