The Pindle mosborough

Thanks very much guys. As I said earlier the guy who told me this stuff is abit of a Sherbet umbrella. Uv all been a great help. :)

I'm curious as to why someone wants to know where an alley is?

Been down many times over the years it has a 10ft wall at either side most of the way it's around 5ft wide and goes on a few hundred yds and is very dark !

I walk this way most days , its very dark and have had the feeling someone is right behind you . Love the big houses on the left. If only I had the money to buy one. Lol

Is this the one just past modborough hall?

Isn't that Hollow Lane?

I went down it today and I thought I saw something but it could have just been my mind playing tricks on me. I'm putting it down to something reflecting off of my glasses.

Spooky as!

We used to dare each other to walk the Pindle alone at night....:hihi:

I imagine it's a lot creepier at night. The highlight of my lil mission was making an old lady jump lol

I was told that the high walls were to separate the two houses on either side (Eckington Hall as was on the left as you head towards the Alma, Elmwood on the right) after the Wells brothers who owned them had fallen out. Eckington Hall was reputedly haunted (as is Mosborough Hall, by the White Lady, on the bend before you get to the Pingle, at the top of Hollow Lane).

Not sure how true the feud story is but I've heard it a few times.

Edited by MrsMozzy
Added info.