New Tesco Express

I also read that Tesco are going to concentrate on express and metro stores! Apparently a new Tesco store is being built on Sharrow Lane on the site of the old Methodist Church!!

I also read that Tesco are going to concentrate on express and metro stores! Apparently a new Tesco store is being built on Sharrow Lane on the site of the old Methodist Church!!

There was a thread on here at the time of the planning application for this shop. I thought I'd read that the application had been withdrawn, but it seems not.

I think it was withdrawn at one stage but it's half built now!!

Makes you smile doesn't it, over the last thirty or forty years the hyper/super markets have forced the closure of the vast majority of the independent grocery/greengrocery shops and now there appears to be a Sainsbury or Tesco convenience store opening up on every street corner in their place.

What goes round comes round.

Aye. Only difference this time is that its win-win for the supermarket chains.

Big stores lose appeal > custom and profits go up at the local stores > local stores seen as to expensive > big stores get more trade again.

Round and round but it all goes into the same collective pockets.