Frank Roper, motorcycle dealer, London Rd.

Cuban heel i used to work with Ian Headford in the 60s.I sold him a Peel Mountain Mile fairing for that bike.

who asked about the palfreymans from arcubus avenue at swallownest

I worked at Ropers after leaving school school  in 1956  working in the showroom  at first then helping out in spares and accessories , also driving the Matchlesss  box combo delivering bikes , and fetching them in for repair  , I left in 1961  

MR Hall was the MD , I remember  Ron Land , Ted Franey in shop ..Jim Hiley , Gordon Rock , Brian Keys ,in the garage 

Edited by anthony.baldwin
Change of name

On 27/08/2018 at 12:39, pomie52 said:

has anyone worked for frank b roper [motorcycle dealers ] london road

Yes I did from leaving school in 1956 to 1961 working in th show room

I didn't work there.. but in the early 60s we bought a brand new Reliant 3 wheeler from Ropers.. myself and dad were allowed drive those cars on a motorcycle license

providing that the reverse gear was blanked off.  Upon picking up the car, we had a free driving lesson.. from the shop.   I can  imagine how terrified the sales guy must have been... taking out two  customers onto the road who had never driven before. .. btw..we all returned in one piece.

On 17/08/2020 at 00:51, anthony.baldwin said:

Yes I did from leaving school in 1956 to 1961 working in th show room

Hi

Do you know if Frank Roped also made a child's tricycle. Many thanks in advance.