Yankees - poor service

Went to Yankees on Ecclesall Road yesterday.

After sitting in the centre of the place with an empty table in front of us, we waited for 45 minutes and then enquired why the people who came in after us were being served first.

Apparently our order hadn't been put in, the waiting staff who had passed our table on many occasions hadn't noticed either.

We had to leave hungry to collect our daughter.

Shocking service and won't be going again!

:(

Edited by Mosby

As this is my favourite restaurant in the City, I cannot say much bad about it. However, the service and standards of the food over the last 2-3 years have dropped so much it's sad to see.

I agree great food but poor service and its one of my favourite places in Sheffield

Guest makapaka
Went to Yankees on Ecclesall Road yesterday.

After sitting in the centre of the place with an empty table in front of us, we waited for 45 minutes and then enquired why the people who came in after us were being served first.

Apparently our order hadn't been put in, the waiting staff who had passed our table on many occasions hadn't noticed either.

We had to leave hungry to collect our daughter.

Shocking service and won't be going again!

:(

Did you complain?

yes - we complained

the response was, "I'm sorry, I don't know what to say"

(as we were running out of time we had to leave)

What should have been said was please stay seated your meal wont be long and it will be on the house sorry for the inconvenience

Thats if you had more time or offer the meal free for a later date

I went a while back and they didn't do kids portions which I found a bit strange, my lad had a chicken burger and didn't like it so only ate about half, when the waitress collected the plates she commented to him that it was a lot to for a kid to eat to which he replied "yes, and it tastes funny" :hihi:

Overall I wasn't impressed.

maybe you should call them or something.. maybe they work that way.. but still, i know how you feel mate..

gonna stick to Uncle Sam's in future!

Shame about the poor service as Yankees is almost an institution on Eccy Road.

Yankees was my first job - £1.20 an hour. Oh no showing my age!!!!:o

As this is my favourite restaurant in the City, I cannot say much bad about it. However, the service and standards of the food over the last 2-3 years have dropped so much it's sad to see.

You just contradicted yourself.

I haven't been to this place for 30 years. I'm amazed it is still in business.

It used to be good. But that was 30 years ago. I never hear anyone talk about it these days. Apart from those on this thread of course.

Yep was my fave restaurant, but the menu now is poor and over priced, and the service is really bad. They dont seem to have any managment? Just young girls who couldnt give damn. Im pressuming they are hired for their looks rather than customer service skills. But I am addicted to their chicken wings sooo...hey ho I put up with it once in a blue moon when I get a craving. Lol