Syriza to get majority in Greece.

i agree. what it has taught me is the guarantee on bank accounts isn't worth a light.
Looks to me like the average Greek deposit holder learnt that one pretty sharpish around 01 January 2015...with inevitable consequences.

The wheels are coming off the cart in Athens, resignation letters of Syriza ministers are flying at a rate of knots today.

the Greeks should have held their nerve and held out for greater concessions from Mr Angela Merkel.

Does ANYBODY out there believe they will ever pay back the €240 billion?

I'm hoping the Greeks default again and bring ze germanese down to size.

This will happen. The Greeks will not be able to repay that debt.....ever! We will be in the exact same situation when the next repayment is due. I think the Greeks will get the bailout knowing full well they can't repay it, and hope it's written off when the do eventually leave the EU.

That vote against austerity didn't exactly work did it?

Are the IMF trying to derail the entire process or something??

Twice now IMF reports have come out at the worst possible time and thrown everything into a big mess.

Don't get me wrong they are right, but they're really not helping things.

If the IMF are going to be so public in calling for a debt write-off does that mean they will be happy for that written off debt to be their own????

Twice now IMF reports have come out at the worst possible time and thrown everything into a big mess.

If the IMF are going to be so public in calling for a debt write-off does that mean they will be happy for that written off debt to be their own????

In very brief terms, the IMF's Debt Sustainability Analysis says Greece's debts to the EU are not sustainable, but that Greece's debts to the IMF are completely sustainable :lol:

the reason the greeks didn't get a better deal is they have proved they don't keep to their side of the bargain. the imf are right. it would be better to write down the debt, but as everyone expects the greeks not to implement the tax measures they promised no one is going to cast them a bigger raft.

the greeks could have bitten the bullet 5 years ago, made cuts and paid taxes. they would be out of the swamp by now. sadly talking about taxes and talking about cutting pensions doesn't cure anything unless you actually do it.

in 5 years the germans will own every greek airport and utility and 50 year old greek pensioners will still be moaning about taxes they aren't actually paying