Syriza to get majority in Greece.

Take a look at what happened in Argentina when they defaulted on their debts, Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes.

These aren't your typical Labour politicians, these are borderline communists. If you want to know what a new communist state has to go through have a look at post WW1 Russia.

What finished off the USSR was trying to out-match the USA in military spending.

Do you think Greece will still spend €billions it no longer has, on military weaponry it no longer needs, to protect itself from a political threat that no longer exists?

If Greece default again ......

Again? I thought Greece avoided a default by agreeing to a bailout with all the cuts that has led to Syriza coming to power.

So the creditors will have a choice between 50% of something, or 100% of nothing.

Whilst I have little sympathy for the usurers and money lenders that devour the wealth of small nations, I'd love to know: how do they get their money back? It's not like they can send the heavy mob round with a baseball bat anymore (or launch a military invasion).

TZATZIKI

TARAMOSALATA

SKORDALIA

A triple dip for sure Joker.

There have been suggestions that the Germans are so mad that they want to kick the Greeks out of the Euro rather than let them off paying. Because if the Greeks say they aren't paying, then the risk is that the others in trouble, like Spain, Portugal, Italy and Cyprus will also be tempted to say "Well, if THEY aren't paying up then neither are we".

Not only that, but their country will be a prime example of the fate that awaits any nation that refuses to play the German economic game.

After watching the Greek nation fall to pieces no-one else will dare to leave - and thats a very important and strong message.

I already knew you were so simple that you think the EU is undemocratic, I didn't realise you were so simple that you actually believe the collapse of the EU is going to do you or the UK any good.

I sincerely hope you have no savings, pension or are in fact employed in one of millions of jobs that rely on foreign trade, because if you get your way that is all going to be gone soon.

Well that surprised me. Not in the sense you said it, but in the sense that I would be remotely interested in your opinions of me.. :hihi:

I already knew you were so simple that you think the EU is undemocratic, I didn't realise you were so simple that you actually believe the collapse of the EU is going to do you or the UK any good.

I sincerely hope you have no savings, pension or are in fact employed in one of millions of jobs that rely on foreign trade, because if you get your way that is all going to be gone soon.

I can think of 33 million reasons per day why the collapse of the EU will be good for the UK.

I can think of 33 million reasons per day why the collapse of the EU will be good for the UK.

The 33 million non-existent Eastern Europeans that would otherwise flock to the UK?

Edited by The Joker

What finished off the USSR was trying to out-match the USA in military spending.

Do you think Greece will still spend €billions it no longer has, on military weaponry it no longer needs, to protect itself from a political threat that no longer exists?

World War 1 I said, not 2. After the glorious communist revolution the state instantly defaulted on all its debt, after all, the communists do not believe in capital. It resulted in decades of hunger, millions dying of malnutrition after the famine of 1932, whilst the communist party desperately tried to establish some sort of economy.

Again? I thought Greece avoided a default by agreeing to a bailout with all the cuts that has led to Syriza coming to power.

Greece has defaulted so often and for so long it is ridiculous. In the modern era the only thing that stopped them from defaulting was joining the EU and later the Euro.

Yes, I know you can, and in your mind that is a lot of money, in the mind of the countless captains of industry in Britain who deal with Europe on a daily basis it is a pittance to ensure good relations are maintained.

didn't Iceland come out of it very well when they defaulted on their debts:suspect::hihi:

didn't Iceland come out of it very well when they defaulted on their debts:suspect::hihi:

They did, (except they didn't default) it started when they they decided that all foreign debtors could go and cry in a corner and really picked up when... wait for it...

They decided to start the process of joining the EU in 2009, restoring faith of foreign investors in the Icelandic economy. Of course in 2013 they decided on a referendum after a new government was voted in so all negotiations were halted.

Then the government withdrew all plans to join the EU resulting in massive protests in Iceland because the population trusts the EU more than it trusts its own government after the enormous mess it caused by backing banks way beyond its station.

They did, (except they didn't default) it started when they they decided that all foreign debtors could go and cry in a corner and really picked up when... wait for it...

They decided to start the process of joining the EU in 2009, restoring faith of foreign investors in the Icelandic economy. Of course in 2013 they decided on a referendum after a new government was voted in so all negotiations were halted.

Then the government withdrew all plans to join the EU resulting in massive protests in Iceland because the population trusts the EU more than it trusts its own government after the enormous mess it caused by backing banks way beyond its station.

that's not what I read here ("EU accession talks began in July 2010, but public support for the project soon waned on account of several factors, including the crisis in the eurozone, a debt dispute with Britain and the Netherlands arising from the 2008 collapse of the Icelandic banking sector, tension over Iceland's whale fishing industry and popular opposition to the introduction of EU fishing policies".)

care to elaborate :roll: