Two Sides To An Estate

You sure you don't mean Westfield? .

I didn't think there were any shops at Halfway except Morrison's

Reading your previous post about Challoner and Pedley, you refer to Westfield not Halfway.

Maybe referring to the shops/estate near Halfway Junior School?

Maybe referring to the shops/estate near Halfway Junior School?

I didn't know there were any shops near Halfway junior school.

I think the OP maybe referring to Westfield not Halfway as they mentioned Challoner and Pedley in a previous post. They're both at Westfield.

....the council estate.......with gun crime and anti-social behaviour and whatnot.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the council side ......

Hmmmm :huh:

It might be worth going on the crime map and tapping in your postcode to see if it is actually rougher on the council side.

If I was a robber or a burglar then I'd go for the private side.

I didn't know there were any shops near Halfway junior school.

I think the OP maybe referring to Westfield not Halfway as they mentioned Challoner and Pedley in a previous post. They're both at Westfield.

The Challoner and Pedley comments are from visiting my sisters former house on Waterfield Mews.

The Challoner and Pedley comments are from visiting my sisters former house on Waterfield Mews.

My 2 sisters had flats on Challenor back in the mid 80s. Was a decent place to live back then. Now it's not so nice and on the rare occasion i have passed through it smells of dope and pee.

The shops at halfway are by the side of the school on halfway centre......also at the side of the Double top pub ....i work on the south east side for the council housing on the estates, so i cover all the areas named ....reading with interest as i see all sides but enjoy the work i do on there !

Edited by RELIABLE

I live on the Halfway estate in SE Sheffield. There are 2 sides to Halfway; a council estate and a private estate. I live on the private estate and its very nice and peaceful but the council estate and up where the shops are have given Halfway a particularly bad name with gun crime and anti-social behaviour and whatnot.

Anybody else suffer with this issue on their estate?

Give Channel 5 a ring, sounds like prime time TV.