Changes to the spelling of words..crazy!

according to the BBC news this morning moves are afoot to change how words with silent letters are taught and used, how mind-blowingly stupid! leave the words alone, kids will learn to understand! don't molly coddle them just because its a little harder to work out.:rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-30964716

theiyrr're theirr're now, it isn't all bad! :)

according to the BBC news this morning moves are afoot to change how words with silent letters are taught and used, how mind-blowingly stupid! leave the words alone, kids will learn to understand! don't molly coddle them just because its a little harder to work out.:rolleyes:

I think it is a stupendus idea, the time spent lerning how to spell words that are clearly spelt incorectly cud be put to much better use lerning sumthing useful.

How the hell are these kids going to be able to learn to read if they are to be taught to spell words differently to how they spelt in books or are the idiots that came up with this idea going to replace all books to include the new spellings.

How the hell are these kids going to be able to learn to read if they are to be taught to spell words differently to how they spelt in books or are the idiots that came up with this idea going to replace all books to include the new spellings.

Spot on.:thumbsup:

We had to bloody well do it, so should they :rant:

Panic over, it's nothing official but a proposal from the English spelling society.

That bunch of loonies :roll:

It was originally mooted by a delegation from Sheffield Forum contributors.

Its how this country is going - backwards to accomodate the lazy notions of modern britain chav culture rife among the lazy fast food xbox generation. Proper speak and pronounciation is the sadly the past .....note if my grammar is not up to scratch i'm lazy aswell and can't be bothered with the caps lock keys and such

Its how this country is going - backwards to accomodate the lazy notions of modern britain chav culture rife among the lazy fast food xbox generation. Proper speak and pronounciation is the sadly the past .....note if my grammar is not up to scratch i'm lazy aswell and can't be bothered with the caps lock keys and such

Or just thick.

Guest sibon

Ridiculous, isn't it?

Soon they will be abolishing capital letters at the beginning of sentences.