RIP Edgar Froese

Sad to hear about the passing of Edgar Froese the founder of Tangerine Dream, worn many a stylus out playing their records over the years.

Yes, Tangerine Dream's Rubycon was the third album I bought, and they did basically change the whole nature of electronic music in the 70s.

Multi-instrumentalist Edgar (with Tangerine Dream), excellent,

, at this concert (I was there).

And to think this was the same year Abba were singing the praises of 'Fernando', and Boney M were waxing lyrical about 'Daddy Cool'. Talk about "different worlds".

omg, a pioneer in the electronic music genre...

"The essence of what I have learned about writing and performing music is the authenticity you are faced with in your day-to-day work. No matter what other people or even critics will say, you have to follow your own direction which not necessarily has to be a straight line to success; sometimes it will be a curly, dramatic curve you have to go, but that’s the only way to leave a little landmark of brave respect to others and to the dimensions of your own capability." ans that is what life is all about