Good deeds / Pay it forward

Hi, I'm a new poster so hope this is in the right place.

My name is Clemens, and I am a ScentedProductsaholic. Perfumes, shower gels, candles, body lotions - you name it and I probably have it in my cupboard. Stuff I've bought, stuff I've been given. Its ridiculous, and I have far more than I will ever use. So I wanted to do a good deed and donate as much of the unused stuff as I can, but I know that charity shops don't accept them.

Does anyone know of somewhere that will take them? I just want someone to get good use out of them.

Hi, I'm a new poster so hope this is in the right place.

My name is Clemens, and I am a ScentedProductsaholic. Perfumes, shower gels, candles, body lotions - you name it and I probably have it in my cupboard. Stuff I've bought, stuff I've been given. Its ridiculous, and I have far more than I will ever use. So I wanted to do a good deed and donate as much of the unused stuff as I can, but I know that charity shops don't accept them.

Does anyone know of somewhere that will take them? I just want someone to get good use out of them.

Flog them on eBay and give the proceeds to charity.

jb

Freebies :o I'll have em ;)

Hi

I'd love to say that I know somewhere that will take them but I'm afraid I don't. I don't have much experience of getting rid of perfume, but lots and lots of experience of it gravitating towards me (300 bottles and counting!) so my suggestion is to sell it on eBay in batches. You may not get very much for each item, but it's very likely that they will be bought by someone who will get use out of them.

Hi

I'd love to say that I know somewhere that will take them but I'm afraid I don't. I don't have much experience of getting rid of perfume, but lots and lots of experience of it gravitating towards me (300 bottles and counting!) so my suggestion is to sell it on eBay in batches. You may not get very much for each item, but it's very likely that they will be bought by someone who will get use out of them.

Thanks Medusa. It's not so much perfumes as shower gels and bath stuff. While I have bought on eBay, I've heard bad things about being a seller on there :(

Was going to mention the archer project for the shower gels, but on their site says their overwhelmed with that (but do need washing detergent for clothes and the like)

Maybe try Bens Centre?

https://www.facebook.com/bens.centre

Or trying reaching out to the Young Womens Housing Project:

http://www.ywhp.org.uk/help.php

Freebies :o I'll have em ;)

Hehehe nice try :razz:

Car boot season coming up soon, gather some more crap and fill yer boots!

What about a church or school for when they have a fete they could use them as raffle prizes or for bran tubs.

We collect soaps and gels from hotel stays and give them to places like HARC, Homeless and Rootless at Christmas. There must be similar year round organisations similar who would love them.

Id gladly take any unused ones that we could raffle off/ use as tombola prizes or make hampers out of. I would donate them (or any money raised) to Reach Out Childcare in Hillsborough that is a non profit making business that offers free out of school hours activities for disabled/ special needs children! Please PM me if you would like to donate or if anyone else has anything to donate. THANK YOU X

You may have heard of 'City Hearts' which aims to help victims of trafficking. Sheffield has safe homes for male and female victims of such crimes.

I know that they would really appreciate anything like that.

Here's a story about the work of the City Hearts charity

http://www.sheffieldmediahub.org/stories/toiletry-treats-tears-of-joy-for-trafficked-victims-saved-by-city-hearts