The Snoopers Charter returned last night

Those are the people I was referring to, yes.

You mean the ones so full of self importance who actually think they can make a difference?

No I mean the ones arguing that privacy doesn't matter and then registering on the forum with a fake name because they don't want people to know who they are.

No I mean the ones arguing that privacy doesn't matter and then registering on the forum with a fake name because they don't want people to know who they are.

Assuming that that is the reason, of course. Esme ;)

I freely admit I don't want people knowing who I am as I've upset a few people on here by stopping them having what they consider to be fun at other peoples expense, I like my windows unbroken thanks, the moderation team know who I am and if I break any laws then I can be tracked down by the authorities fairly easily.

I freely admit I don't want people knowing who I am as I've upset a few people on here by stopping them having what they consider to be fun at other peoples expense, I like my windows unbroken thanks, the moderation team know who I am and if I break any laws then I can be tracked down by the authorities fairly easily.

What you are saying just backs up others views that everybody can be found and traced back if the authorities needed to so they don't actually need any more laws.

what you are saying just backs up others views that everybody can be found and traced back if the authorities needed to so they don't actually need any more laws.

exactly. But at the moment, the authorities need to prove that they have good reason for accessing your private data. If these creatures get away with it, no proof will be required, no reasons, no privacy for you, me, or anyone, any longer.

Does anyone actually trust these goons to use our private data responsibly?

exactly. But at the moment, the authorities need to prove that they have good reason for accessing your private data. If these creatures get away with it, no proof will be required, no reasons, no privacy for you, me, or anyone, any longer.

Does anyone actually trust these goons to use our private data responsibly?

Yeah, me for one

Yeah, me for one

You'd be the only one then.

You'd be the only one then.

Not really, there's probably many that live dull apathetic uninteresting lives and sit in front of the tv all day watching JK and re-runs of 9/11. You can understand why they would want this proposal to go through, getting off on reading some couples texts would be a high point in their grubby uneventful lives.

If the bill gets through the Lords with the amendments, the Lib Dems are promising to block it when it returns to the commons.

Oh no.....not a Lib Dem promise:hihi:

I really hope they do though,as pointed out by an earlier poster,its not exactly a very liberal move is it?:suspect:

Its about time the lords were done away with,as they certainly don't fit into a modern democratic society.

Edited by imjustagirl