Funeral Home Advertising

Hi All.

I'm looking for some feedback from folk if you don't mind. I very recently set up my own Funeral Directors at Handsworth. Advertising is obviously quite a sensitive thing for a funeral home, I have done some bits on the free sites, in fact I've placed one on the business pages on here and have a facebook page and website, also I have paid to advertise in a couple of magazines locally. Before I spend vast amounts on things like the Sheffield Star and the Yellow pages, I am asking, are these the sort of places you would look, to find such a service??

Not these days. For your business, personal recommendation is the best way. Stick at it.

Edit..... Local Parish magazines, church magagazines, leaflets at suitable wake venues...

Edited by smithy266
Added ideas.

Hi All.

I'm looking for some feedback from folk if you don't mind. I very recently set up my own Funeral Directors at Handsworth. Advertising is obviously quite a sensitive thing for a funeral home, I have done some bits on the free sites, in fact I've placed one on the business pages on here and have a facebook page and website, also I have paid to advertise in a couple of magazines locally. Before I spend vast amounts on things like the Sheffield Star and the Yellow pages, I am asking, are these the sort of places you would look, to find such a service??

I would say that as a new business, good advertising would be essential to get your name out there, however once you're established, word of mouth will bring in most of your business so maybe you could ease up a little on ads then. Have a look at other Funeral Directors and see qhat they do in terms of advertising. It is a sensitive subject but you are a business all the same.

The Star, local free papers/magazines etc, and a good website should get things started for you.

Good luck.

I have always wondered this.

Is it inappropriate to advertise in hospitals ? I've seen bereavement leaflets, counselling etc.

We all need a Funeral Director, so it shouldn't be taboo.

Just my thoughts on it.

Have you thought about partnerships with complementary businesses such as will writers, financial planners, insurance brokers? They could ask the question of their clients and introduce you especially if you do pre-paid plans

To the OP...I'd advertise outside Bramhall Lane and Hillsborough...both are graveyards for football...you'll get plenty of trade there MOT :hihi:

Thanks guys, some good advice in there (perhaps give stevroberts idea a miss though) I like the partnership idea mlfc

Thanks guys, some good advice in there (perhaps give stevroberts idea a miss though) I like the partnership idea mlfc

My pleasure. If you want any intros, let me know as I know a few of each

Hi All.

go to some networking events some are free some are not some you can attend as guest, I myself am part of one which has been very successful for me and my business, if you would like to come send me a Pm with your email and I ll send you an invite.