Who buys local milk?

We have a milkman, doorstep delivery, hillsborough dairy.

I assume they deliver all sheffield we are in s20

I haven't seen a milkman in years....At least never locally to where I live...And to be honest, I don't use enough of it to warrant a regular delivery...

I have mine delivered from the dairy farmer just up the road. cant beat it, fresh milk every morning .

There's a rather interesting article here, which talks about fresh foods (or rather, what they choose to call fresh)....Note, the last item deals with milk.

We had some milk in Bosnia a few years ago that was unpasteurized. I was amazed at how much better it tasted.

Recently we have started getting it delivered from our cow molly in Dungworth. Sick of drinking massively expensive crap milk from major supermarkets who rip the farmers off (apparently 40% of dairy farms have closed since 2007 due to out-pricing by the big 4 supermarket chains) support local dairys people!:D ps our cow molly milk is delicious as is the ice cream :hihi:

As regards massively expensive...how much do you pay for your "Our Cow Molly" milk?

We used to have our milk delivered. It was o,k for years and then we started getting stale day old milk, so I now get it at BM at 89p for 2 litres. It said on the news recently that too much milk was being produced, from which I can only conclude that there are too many dairy farmers and they should possibly have a look at doing something else for a living.

I believe that a lot of the milk sold today is imported from other EC countries, If only Brittish milk was sold in brittan there would now be a shortage due to the number of dairy farmers who have quit.

I would be Happy to pay an extra 25p per Ltr if it went straight to the farmer.

I've always had a milk delivery.

We had to stop when we moved to Beighton as the delivery was often late or as a pp said stale.

The final straw was one Monday delivery being sour, that shouldn't happen in February.

I would be happy to pay more and get fresh reliable delivery again.

I've never seen a Milk Man around our way. I'd rather go back to paying proper prices for Milk and not these silly prices to the supermarkets.

Milk is a locally produced commodity so shouldn't have its price driven down by global markets.

^Gavin

We had some milk in Bosnia a few years ago that was unpasteurized. I was amazed at how much better it tasted.

Fresh milk is amazing, as kids we frequently drank it minutes after it came from the cow, still warm and a much fuller taste.

It is illegal to sell raw milk in supermarkets or high street shops in the UK. It can only be bought direct from the few registered Farms that can supply raw milk in England and is illegal to be distributed in Scotland.

^Gavin

Edited by Pipe Ten
spelling

I buy Our Cow Molly from my local shop.

Same here - freshest you can get in Sheffield