Who buys local milk?

Recently we have started getting it delivered from our cow molly in Dungworth. Sick of drinking massively expensive crap milk from major supermarkets who rip the farmers off (apparently 40% of dairy farms have closed since 2007 due to out-pricing by the big 4 supermarket chains) support local dairys people!:D ps our cow molly milk is delicious as is the ice cream :hihi:

I buy Our Cow Molly from my local shop.

Good shout. I always buy the more expensive milk (either Jersey or organic) in the supermarket because I am also fed up with the low price of it (coming from Friesland, of Frisian milk cow fame, I grew up with sons of milk farmers).

Not sure what the best place to get it in Hillsborough is though. Might have to go drop by South Road.

It has benefit for the whole community- local farmers, local schools, pubs, greengrocers. Whereas buying from a supermarket over 50% of the cost goes straight to them. Wrong! There is Our Cow Molly and a few other milk suppliers locally- Mosley's I believe. If in doubt ask around and get signed up!

---------- Post added 22-01-2015 at 14:57 ----------

Good shout. I always buy the more expensive milk (either Jersey or organic) in the supermarket because I am also fed up with the low price of it (coming from Friesland, of Frisian milk cow fame, I grew up with sons of milk farmers).

Not sure what the best place to get it in Hillsborough is though. Might have to go drop by South Road.

Not 100% sure but I think eve's fruit shop in the precinct sell it

Yep it pays to advertise :roll:

advertising the fact that you are a cynical troll you mean?

Some of us are genuine so don't try and look all clever on my thread

advertising the fact that you are a cynical troll you mean?

Some of us are genuine so don't try and look all clever on my thread

your thread? its a forum, get over yourself, :D

anyway.... Our Cow Molly is in Dungworth, just on the way to Bradfield from Stannington!

Recently we have started getting it delivered from our cow molly in Dungworth. Sick of drinking massively expensive crap milk from major supermarkets who rip the farmers off (apparently 40% of dairy farms have closed since 2007 due to out-pricing by the big 4 supermarket chains) support local dairys people!:D ps our cow molly milk is delicious as is the ice cream :hihi:

I'm slightly puzzled at your assertion of milk from supermarkets being massively expensive....It's not....and that's the point. The supermarkets use a low price on a commodity like milk as a loss leader....Obviously hoping that while you're there you'll fill your basket with other (probably overpriced) goods.

I agree, they constantly shaft their suppliers (not only farmers), but others too on price.

Yes I agree, if at all possible we should all be a little more discerning about buying local...and as and where possible I try to...Example being the local butchers...I get a far better cut of meat...trimmed exactly how I want...etc and far better service.

The problem being, in order to buy locally produced goods is you have to hunt around for it...and that's not always viable...

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated or associated with OCM

We have a milkman, doorstep delivery, hillsborough dairy.

I assume they deliver all sheffield we are in s20

We used to have our milk delivered. It was o,k for years and then we started getting stale day old milk, so I now get it at BM at 89p for 2 litres. It said on the news recently that too much milk was being produced, from which I can only conclude that there are too many dairy farmers and they should possibly have a look at doing something else for a living.

Edited by spilldig