"What's the right diet for you?"

Exercise is excellent for keeping the poundage off, walking, not exercise bikes and the like.

Fresh air gives one a healthy glow and more beneficial than working out in a gym.

Anyway, the scenery is prettier.

I got a constant craver with a 5:2 also. It looks a bit like a scam and a general cop out to me without any thought to personal dietary needs

It's Thatcher's fault!!!

A sea food diet. I see food, I eat it

Yeah and I was eating Dinasaur when I last heard that joke.:gag:

Diet plans are nonsense. Your diet is what you eat, all the time, for the rest of your life.

Don't "do" a diet. Just permanently change your diet. Or if that's too hard, run more.

---------- Post added 22-01-2015 at 09:02 ----------

FYI, BMI is a also a really poor measure to determine healthy weight or health.

Diet plans are nonsense. Your diet is what you eat, all the time, for the rest of your life.

Don't "do" a diet. Just permanently change your diet. Or if that's too hard, run more.

---------- Post added 22-01-2015 at 09:02 ----------

FYI, BMI is a also a really poor measure to determine healthy weight or health.

The cool cats call it WoE way of eating.

I'm a feaster, and being honest, if I could buy some synthetic form of the hormone we release too slowly I would be brandishing my cash faster than you can blink.

As it is I will just keep doing the eating plan that works for me best.

Currently on day 4 of low carb bootcamp after gaining 7lbs over Christmas.

It's a sustainable way of eating, it controls weight etc but by eck I could murder a nice lump of toast.

Not heard that before, had to google it, but yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Don't be "on" a diet. Just change your WoE permanently.

Some of those 'restricted calorie' dishes look quite tasty, think I'll be giving those a spin.

I've battled with just about every diet under the sun over the years.

It's more complex than people think, just like glennC is prone to saying silly things some of us are prone to being overweight.

If you are worried about weight gain the bbc site is good for making you think about why you gain weight and pointing you towards the way of eating sustainable to you.

Can't get it to work. I answer the first question and nothing happens.

But as others have said, diets are nonsense. If you are overweight (like me) you are eating more than you need. Eat less and exercise more is the best diet. Pity I can't follow my own advice!

I would give the program a watch if you get the time Minimo.

I found it really interesting watching how the traits the scientists expected bore out in the people in each group.

It will be interesting to see how the results of the full scientific trial come out.

I think diet is such a strict word.

In my opinion I think it should be classed as a lifestyle change. A little of something is good for you, but a little is more. Eat healthy, when your treating yourself (once a week) it should be really worth it (not a cheap and nasty takeaway, push the boat out a little) and exercise at least 3 times a week.