Sleigh Bar on Fargate

In late November and December time there was a brilliant pub in Sheffield. It was like a ‘pop up’ pub (you know the ones that are here today, gone tomorrow sort of thing). It was XMAS themed and was called SLEIGH BAR. My and my friend Tim really liked it because it had all the warmth of XMAS but in a pub on the top of Fargate. So easy to get to really. They sold a pale ale which was really nice but also XMAS drinks such as mullwine and mullcider. All things eventually end and this was no exception.

But what I wonder is where is the actual ‘pop up’ bar now? I mean, where is the SLEIGH BAR when it is not XMAS? It’s strange when you think about it. Any information would be great.

I wonder if it's just stored in a warehouse somewhere.

Or is it currently being re-branded with bunnies and easter eggs or maybe coconut shells and palm leaves.

I asked when i was in this Xmas & they do festivals all over Europe.

They also hire for weddings & events.

I wonder if it's just stored in a warehouse somewhere.

Or is it currently being re-branded with bunnies and easter eggs or maybe coconut shells and palm leaves.

I wondered that actually. In the Summertime a 'pop up' Polish bar is on Fargate but I'm sure it isn't SLEIGH BAR.

---------- Post added 21-01-2015 at 15:28 ----------

I asked when i was in this Xmas & they do festivals all over Europe.

They also hire for weddings & events.

Ah cool. So it's life on the road for those guys. Thanks for the feedback on this. Is it the same people do you think or fresh people each 'assignment'?

Its at Crookes selling show shovels, have you not seen it?

Actually it is owned and operated by a well known Eastern Counties based fairground family and will be used as an amusement arcade on the travelling fairground circuit until it is converted into a Sleigh Bar again if required.

They cover lots of equestrian events during the summer & they call the bar the NEIGH BAR & regularly have a pop up bar at lots of the Pride events, which they call the GEIGH BAR.

By the way, I made all the above up but what great ideas!

Its at Crookes selling show shovels, have you not seen it?

Actually it is owned and operated by a well known Eastern Counties based fairground family and will be used as an amusement arcade on the travelling fairground circuit until it is converted into a Sleigh Bar again if required.

Thanks for the additional information. What is the name of the family please, and what happens to the following:

- barrels

- pumps

- the surplus beer

Well?

The arcade is Lawrence Appleton's Stardust Arcade, it is members of this family who operate this bar that was at Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland last year. There is a picture of it in both styles on allthefunofthefair web site under arcades.

The pumps etc are probably hired and the drinks will be purchased when required. Not sure what happens to the surplus.

They cover lots of equestrian events during the summer & they call the bar the NEIGH BAR & regularly have a pop up bar at lots of the Pride events, which they call the GEIGH BAR.

By the way, I made all the above up but what great ideas!

Everybody needs good neigh bars...

The arcade is Lawrence Appleton's Stardust Arcade, it is members of this family who operate this bar that was at Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland last year. There is a picture of it in both styles on allthefunofthefair web site under arcades.

The pumps etc are probably hired and the drinks will be purchased when required. Not sure what happens to the surplus.

Thank you. I just gone on that website. I can't find a picture of it I don't think though. There was just pictures of this little sweet shop thing. Very nice but nothing to do with drinking beer. So the pumps could be from some pump hire place.

What happens when the Polish bar comes to town?