Queen to hand out Maundy money at Easter In Sheffield

Will she be coming alone or will she be bringing her racist hubby along?

Seriously we need to get rid of these people (who arent even the genuine article) and become a republic.

Good bless the Queen and its good to see her visiting Sheffield, Phil the Greek is a legend in his own lifetime.

The French had the right idea :)

What? calling their best known type of restaurants after a word used by the Russians who got there to beat Napoleon? Using their military operatives who sank the Rainbow Warrior to train others whilst serving their jaol sentences?

Which idea of the FRench was right? (personally, I like the one regarding the use of their convicted service personnel to train others to do the same).

:)

BBC News item is at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/right-to-rent-landlords-code-of-practice

SYPTE road closure and bus/tram information:

HM The Queen visit to Sheffield 2nd April

Buses will not serve High Street, Church Street, Leopold Street and Pinstone Street from the start of service until approximately 3pm on Thursday 2nd April

Services down West Street onto Pinstone Street will divert via Carver Street, Charter Row, Moorfoot and Eyre Street. A temporary stop will be provided to alight passengers on Carver Street near the Division Street junction.

Services to Ecclesall Road will be diverted from Snig Hill via Arundel Gate and Furnival Square (O2 Academy).

Services up West Street from High Street will be diverted via Snig Hill, Broad Lane and Rockingham Street.

Services up High Street/Church Street that use Pinstone Street will be diverted via Arundel Gate and Furnival Sqaure (O2 Academy).

Supertram services are already suspended beyond Shalesmoor due to engineering works, however on Thursday 2nd April there will be additional changes from the start of service until approximately 1300 as follows:

Yellow Route - Meadowhall to Fitzalan Square

Blue Route - Halfway to Fitzalan Square

Blue Route - Shalesmoor - University Shuttle

Purple Route - Herdings Park to Sheffield Station

Services will resume the planned engineering routes to Cathedral (yellow) and Shalesmoor (blue) from approximately 13:00 (subject to road closures being removed).

Bus replacement services will be relocated to start from Commercial Street from the start of service and operate via Angel Street and West Bar. Towards City Centre will be normal to West Bar then via Broad Lane, Rockingham Street, West Street, Carver Street, Charter Row, Eyre Street, Furnival Street, Paternoster Row, Harmer Lane, Sheaf Street to Commercial Street.

For journey options please use the Journey Planner or call Traveline on 01709 51 51 51. The information displayed on this page is correct and relevant to the time and date as shown above and may be subject to change between 07:00 and 22:00 hours.

I went down Hillsborough and saw not one but TWO old ladies wearing hats

It was so exciting

Good bless the Queen and its good to see her visiting Sheffield, Phil the Greek is a legend in his own lifetime.

My Dad was in the Royal Navy and didn't have a good word to say for him! Fraud was about the only one I could mention on here! For myself, I think he's brilliant! I just love the way PC has passed him by, and funnily enough I think Dad would agreed with me now had he still been here.

What time will the Queen arrive at Sheffield Cathedral on Thursday.

That poor woman has never had a chance to be just herself. All these social pressures and expectations mould her into that queen role. She does it very well, don't think Charles really wants that job.

That poor woman has never had a chance to be just herself. All these social pressures and expectations mould her into that queen role. She does it very well, don't think Charles really wants that job.

My heart bleeds:roll:

I have little doubt that certain elements of Sheffield society will take the opportunity show Sheffield in its best light to the world by turning up and hurling abuse for the TV cameras.

I will be there hoping to catch sight of Greedy Betty and her subjects waving Poundland flags.

Dont bother, emigrate, make us all happy.Or better still start the revolution, see how you get on.

---------- Post added 31-03-2015 at 16:44 ----------

I have little doubt that certain elements of Sheffield society will take the opportunity show Sheffield in its best light to the world by turning up and hurling abuse for the TV cameras.

Not much chance of that, theyd rather sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle and drinking cheap lager wondering why life is so unfair.