Queen to hand out Maundy money at Easter In Sheffield

I saw the sycophancy on Look North. I felt more than a little queasy, it was so nauseating.

We're supposed to be a democracy. Other countries have grown out of princesses, carriages, and grovelling subservience. We're way behind. Retire them quietly, we are well overdue to put the childish narrative of an inherited monarchy behind us. It's silly.

I really couldn't care what the "aristocracy" think of me...I don't waste my time worrying about it....I have far more important and interesting things to do....maybe you should get a hobby? :)

Good to know that you ' know your place '. :)

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCgQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3AF4rxTGYfM&ei=RW0dVcyVDYmrU9ClgpgI&usg=AFQjCNEZUusCHMyv73xoV6UlR-cVrTjfUA&bvm=bv.89744112,d.d24&cad=rja

As for wasting time worrying about it, as I'm a citizen of a Republic it doesn't apply to me, I'm no ones subject.

However, as I spent all my working life in this country and paid and generated tax I'm as entitled to an opinion on this nonsense as the next man/woman.

As for getting a hobby, that's pretty rich coming from some one who has more than double my weekly post count over twice as many years. :)

Na Na Na Na, she's a Blade and she's a Blade! :D

So the Blades have got a German branch to their supporters club then. Either that or Prince Philip is craving a pork sandwich.

So the Blades have got a German branch to their supporters club then. Either that or Prince Philip is craving a pork sandwich.

All over the world us ,we're not massive we're Gigantic!

And if old Phil wanted some pork he'd be better off in south Barnsley as that's where it originated. :)

Nope I work in Germany and the person opposite me is an Owl and so am I so we are in the majority in this past of Germany.

It appears to have been a wonderful day with many people making our Queen welcome in Sheffield.

It appears to have been a wonderful day with many people making our Queen welcome in Sheffield.

Good, I'm pleased for those that enjoy that sort of thing and I feel no need to be abusive toward the woman.

I was in Vienna when they had the Jubilee and was in a bar where they had Sky news on, the pictures of her and her 90 year old husband getting drenched on a boat on the Thames were not something I took any amusement from.

Incidentally the bar was packed but no one showed any particular interest, but then the Austrians had a more impressive monarchy but sensibly got rid of them. :)

I saw the sycophancy on Look North. I felt more than a little queasy, it was so nauseating.

We're supposed to be a democracy. Other countries have grown out of princesses, carriages, and grovelling subservience. We're way behind. Retire them quietly, we are well overdue to put the childish narrative of an inherited monarchy behind us. It's silly.

No wonder you're Perplexed

No wonder you're Perplexed

I'm certainly perplexed at others apparent desire to be subservient to someone entirely because of which womb they popped out of... It's bizarre how people don't see that as a little odd in the 21st century CE. The 21st century BCE maybe...

I'd be happy to pay ten times that to keep the monarchy

God save the Queen!

Agree with you wholeheartedly. Love the monarchy and everything that goes with it.

Agree with you wholeheartedly. Love the monarchy and everything that goes with it.

Then perhaps you would be good enough to explain why?

Let's eliminate the ' they're good for the tourist trade ' mantra can we?

It's already been pointed out that quite a few countries with no monarchies attract more tourists than we do.

Some of them used to have monarchies and got rid of them - so can show off the palaces - and others didn't.

Therefore it can be equally argued that we might even increase tourists if we got rid of them.

So unless you are under the impression that the UK is that unattractive as a country that no one would come near us unless they could view actual royalty the tourist angle isn't really viable.

So tell us, why do you love them so much?

Is it true that the Cathedral Archer Project that helps the homeless had to be closed today?! If so, that's disgraceful!