Queen to hand out Maundy money at Easter In Sheffield

I'm sure all will become apparent tomorrow if no one turns up to see the monarch you will be proved right. In the meantime perhaps we should be happy that Sheffield will get a positive image sent out to the world if the TV companies turn up to film it.

So a load of elderly blue rinse ladies and others with bugger all else to do will roll up tomorrow and you will feel your argument vindicated?

The point was about do they or do they not contribute in any significant way to the tourist trade, not are there a lot of people with time on their hands in this country.

I'm sure all will become apparent tomorrow if no one turns up to see the monarch you will be proved right. In the meantime perhaps we should be happy that Sheffield will get a positive image sent out to the world if the TV companies turn up to film it.

Think how many will turn up - and only a small % of those (probably less than 50%) will actually buy something 'extra' - then think of how much disruption it will have caused and all the planning etc for council and the busses, the extra security needed - all at a cost...

Sheffield will probably loose money on it, unless it's paid by the gomn't, then that means more tax payers money - what if I don't agree to pay towards it?

I wonder if the level of dissent is hidden from her? I bet protesters can't get within 500 yards of the old cow.

I wonder if the level of dissent is hidden from her? I bet protesters can't get within 500 yards of the old cow.

And neither should they be able too. Anyone trying to get near the Queen should be dealt with severely by her army of bodyguards , seeing as the courts just give people like protesters a slap on the wrist.

The royal person that came to Sheffield about 50 years ago was Princess Margaret in 1966 - she opened the new extension to the cathedral. I'd rather have seen Dave Berry LOL . He could have also been asked to give the 69 men and 69 women a quid each - total cost £178. Instead of which we are forking out of our taxes ageean :roll:

---------- Post added 01-04-2015 at 17:47 ----------

:clap::clap:

I doubt the level of dissent is a problem to her in most of the realm.

This is a chance to showcase Sheffield to the world. I don't suppose the hundreds of dignitaries, VIPs and camera crews from around the world would be turning up should Cameron or Miliband turned out to distribute gifts. So this is actually a chance for South Yorkshire to put out an image that isn't about underaged grooming, The Hillsborough Disaster, failed building projects or bent coppers.

But I have every faith that a few dozen yahoos will turn out for the cameras and confirm to the world the stereotype of South Yorkshire being a place to be avoided. Just like the demonstrations when Clegg brought the Lib/Dem conference here demonstrated to the world that Sheffield was probably best to be avoided for conferences.

950 years since the last significant royal event in Sheffield. I suspect it will be 950 years before the next one.

Brilliant post :hihi::hihi::hihi: That made me laugh so much.

Big cleanup of pavements in front of Town Hall Tues pm (but nowhere else) - tons of flowers arriving Weds am - a rosy picture of the UK the Queen must have. Surprised they didn't sandblast the front of the Town Hall - perhaps they'll do that tonight?

I reckon she will by stopping in that very nice B&B tonight, Chatsworth House.

lets hope she dont need to use the town hall karzi

I doubt the level of dissent is a problem to her in most of the realm.

This is a chance to showcase Sheffield to the world. I don't suppose the hundreds of dignitaries, VIPs and camera crews from around the world would be turning up should Cameron or Miliband turned out to distribute gifts. So this is actually a chance for South Yorkshire to put out an image that isn't about underaged grooming, The Hillsborough Disaster, failed building projects or bent coppers.

But I have every faith that a few dozen yahoos will turn out for the cameras and confirm to the world the stereotype of South Yorkshire being a place to be avoided. Just like the demonstrations when Clegg brought the Lib/Dem conference here demonstrated to the world that Sheffield was probably best to be avoided for conferences.

950 years since the last significant royal event in Sheffield. I suspect it will be 950 years before the next one.

What are you on about 950 years? Victoria came to open the new town hall

About 10:30am outside you reckon then?

I walked through town at 7.45 this morning and there were people already picking prime viewing spots outside the Cathedral so don't leave it too late!