Accident on Penistone Rd/Halifax Road

There's been a bad accident on Penistone Road.

Traffic is being diverted.

Please stay clear if at all possible.

Where exactly I just came from b and q 30 mins ago to ecclesfield

That doesn't give any more info than you put in your title!!

Where was the accident?

Can you not read the comments posted by people who was in that area at the time?

Can you not read the comments posted by people who was in that area at the time?

Yes, and they don't state exactly where the accident was either! So I'm presuming you haven't seen where it happened and are just posting Sheffield Online's link. A lot of people might not have access to Sheffield Online.

Edited by lilypiglet

Yes, and they don't state exactly where the accident was either! So I'm presuming you haven't seen where it happened and are just posting Sheffield Online's link.

You're correct. I was trying to warn motorists of possible delays not warning them exactly where the accident was.

The accident occurred at 5.30 just down from the new speed cameras, close to Barnes green stables. I drove past just after it happened.

You're correct. I was trying to warn motorists of possible delays not warning them exactly where the accident was.

No worries!

---------- Post added 20-01-2015 at 20:57 ----------

The accident occurred at 5.30 just down from the new speed cameras, close to Barnes green stables. I drove past just after it happened.

Do you mean the stables near the Whitley turn off?

Edited by lilypiglet

No doubt on the bad bend?? It's a very bad road the A61

Especially in cold, dark wet conditions too.

It was actually on the straight where there's the lay-bys. Not sure if someone was overtaking or if someone pulled out of layby but two cars were in a right mess and a third also damaged. The police took a long time to arrive to scene so traffic was backing up very quick. One of the cars, a fiesta , was still in the middle of the road as I passed.

Yes looked bad, I joined A 61 at burncross turn off about 6.10 took 20 minutes to pass accident scene as said on straight part just before last New speed camera heading towards Hillsborough, Hallam radio reported traffic backed up to tankesly roundabout the other side was backed up nearly to the new Sainsbury s, Do hope everyone ok could not tell what had happened, maybe a overtake?Or as said someone pulling out of maybe sounds lightly?

Edited by bessmeg