Need Help About Nurseries In Sheffield

Was just after a bit of advice. My child is ready for nursery in September. Was just wondering how you apply for positions in nurseries or what the procedure is. Any help or advice is appreciated. Regards

Have you tried calling your local nursery? They will be able to tell you how to apply

there's a montosori kindergarden in nether edge which does nursury the german way such as many lessons are taught in the surrounding woods and fields.

Iam going to ring tomorrow just wanted to know the procedure. Thanks for the advice

I don't think there is one. It's not a centralised system like with schools. You just ring/visit and if you like the place and they have capacity then you are in.

What area are you in? You should be able to get some recommendations on the forum

I just called the one I was interested in an arranged a visit. They gave me an info pack which elaborated on their website and gave me some price ideas based on what I was thinking of.

I don't know if it's more competitive for places once they become eligible for free child care but I had no problems with space availability for a one year old.

Their is a brand new nursery open in s5 firth park area at the church on corner. The nursery is fully ofsted registered has highly qualified and experienced staff and provides free early learning for child 3+ years.

0114 3270696

Highly recommended.

Lorri I am just wondering how you can add your nursery to this website please ? Do u know? I am the owner of a new nursery in firth park and would be great to add our nursery on their thanks.

Don't if your still looking but I am in S5, I went to look at two nurseries last year. I just contacted them to have a look. One of them I had to wait until the open evening. Both I had to fill in an application forms to go on the waiting list. They both said they would contact me when there was availability to start in a term after he turned 3.

There is a brand new forest school Nursery opened in Middlewood S6 which has spaces for children aged 3 months - 5 Years and is also offering funded places for 2, 3 and 4 year olds. Forest Schools is a concept that is taking the country by storm. Children spend most of the day in the local woodland having the freedom to learn at their own pace. There has been a lot of research recently in to outdoor learning which has proved that it is not just beneficial to a Childs health but also encourages self confidence and social skills. You can contact them on 0114 283 4067 to arrange a visit.