Brayford coming home ?

Interesting, did some Dutch Google magic as I had never heard of him and found this recent article on him:

http://www.fcupdate.nl/voetbalnieuws/266744/transfer-naar-engeland-lonkt-voor-fc-oss-spits/

Translation:

"Kevin van Veen is possibly in line for a nice transfer abroad. The 23-year old leading goal scorer of FC Oss is linked with several English clubs. Sheffield United, Doncaster Rovers and Scunthorpe United are seemingly the most likely.

Van Veen already visited England to get a feeling for the three clubs. Scunthorpe United in particular appealed to him, it occupies the penultimate place at the third level. "But it is a nice and big club, it has 15,000 supporters on the stands." The attacker explained in Voetbal International. His price tag of 375.000 euros is likely to form an obstacle for Scunthorpe United though.

Van Veen scored nine times in 14 games for FC Oss, he is joint third in the leading goalscorers table for the Jupiler League."

If he visited SUFC how on earth does he get to the conclusion that Scunny is a nice big club with good following? I reckon he feels he is more likely to start at Scunny and that is why he is making these noises.

Had a look at his background as well, frankly I wouldn't be too excited about the lad, the standard in the Jupiler League is pretty atrocious, Groningen signed the top goalscorer several years ago, he scored 25 in 29 games in the Jupiler League but only managed 4 in 24 in the Eredivisie.

Cheers Tim

I like the look of the lads goals, some great ones from outside the box.

Just seen that the Blades have put in another bid for Brayford and Cardiff are considering it .

Latest I heard is that Cardiff are asking Brayford if he wants to stay or wants to come back to SUFC, if he says he wants to come back, they will discuss with SUFC (from Andy Giddings at Radio Sheffield)

United are going to have to move quick or they won't be able to sell Brayford in this window:confused:

Latest I heard is that Cardiff are asking Brayford if he wants to stay or wants to come back to SUFC, if he says he wants to come back, they will discuss with SUFC (from Andy Giddings at Radio Sheffield)

"....Sheffield United have tabled a £1.5m bid for Bluebirds defender John Brayford while WalesOnline understands Russell Slade will listen to offers for striker Adam Le Fondre....."

"....Sheffield United have tabled a £1.5m bid for Bluebirds defender John Brayford while WalesOnline understands Russell Slade will listen to offers for striker Adam Le Fondre....."

1.5 million cant believe that

1.5 million cant believe that

Its called game changing investment

[/b]

It was a good reply until this Jon - take your red specs off - we have them on both sides. :)

You have red specs as well?

I knew it!

We're all Blades aren't we? :)

You forgot to put (GP) mjw

I, however am rising above (I stopped playing the hold your mates hand and punch 'em in the face with it when I was 6) :hihi:

You forgot to put (GP) mjw

I, however am rising above (I stopped playing the hold your mates hand and punch 'em in the face with it when I was 6) :hihi:

But its still funny now.

Why ya hitting yaself

Why ya hitting yaself.

:hihi:

I could have put money on who would like this webby and I am not a betting woman :hihi: