Loving Outdoor Early Years childcare

Would you send your child to a Nature Nursery?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you send your child to a Nature Nursery?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I wanted to write this on the Forum as i have lived in Sheffield for the past 28 years and when my children were little and i was new to the city, i found it difficult to locate the type of pre school, childcare or childminder that met my inner values and ethos to life, nature and education.

And I wish that this forum was here then, or that i knew about it if it was!

Now 28 years later after working for 15 years in Sheffield delivering Forest Schools programmes in almost all the local woodlands, the parks and surrounding countryside with many pre-school children and families - We are also at Tramlines in Folk Forest Area in Endcliff Park every year, so if we have met you - hello, and if not see you there this year!

We (my daughter and I) set up the first Sheffield Forest Schools Kindergarten in Fulwood three years ago and based on the developments and interest we now have a fully Ofsted registered Nursery for Babies and Children in Middlewood

We walk to the park and the woods everyday and are proud to welcome you and your children if your philosophy is really to let nature do its work and allow children to experience the adventures and freedoms of the wild everyday

We are offering a free session to anyone that is interested and hope to see you there soon.

Please visit our Middlewood Nature Nursery website and phone me 01142834080 to come and meet us!

I believe that together we can make a huge difference to learning and education and to the positive attitudes our children can have in the woods and how they will relate to them later in their lives. They will make the difference, one way or the other!

My son attends Middlewood Nature Nursery & loves it. We were disillusioned by mainstream nurseries & pre schools with the structured way they were operated. My son now enjoys the freedom to run, play, explore & most importantly be outside as all kids should :-)

We are moving to Dore. Even the totley forest kindergarten school is abit far for a drop off (we want to be able to walk to drop off).

So yes in theory - but location/proximity is a massive facor for us.

---------- Post added 04-02-2015 at 11:25 ----------

Another factor is that toddler Mk II is only 18months and we really need a single drop off. Most seem to start from 2 years minimum if I'm right?