Frost bite or something more serious! I hope not.

Has everyone suffered frost bite!

I see loads of folk fishing so not everyone's in warmer climes or prison.

I know a lot of folk don't enjoy fishing in the cold, I doubt my sanity sometimes.

So if cold is not for you does everything go away and is forgotten till spring or do you spend time not fishing doing other things like tying hooks and rigs.

I have stopped fishing matches but still try to get out as often as I can, wind and rain are mostly the only thing that stops me.

The weather has to be really severe to stop me fishing,even it entails just a couple of hours on the river. I have some top quality thermal clothing including a pair of baffin ' titan' boots.

I've tried skeetex,derriboots etc in the past but these seem to do the job.

We fished the Trent arm at torksey a couple of years ago in temperatures of -6 and stuck it out all day.

Twenty years ago yes but not today. A great big piece of stinking cheese freelined down the edge and sit back and wait for rubberlips to take hold, then let battle commence. Good luck and Tight lines to you.

The weather has to be really severe to stop me fishing,even it entails just a couple of hours on the river. I have some top quality thermal clothing including a pair of baffin ' titan' boots.

I've tried skeetex,derriboots etc in the past but these seem to do the job.

We fished the Trent arm at torksey a couple of years ago in temperatures of -6 and stuck it out all day.

all you need is a flask of OXO with some hendersons in it you can fish all day, they dont breed the angler like they use to hard as nails us oldens, cars we dint have cars years ago chara bang in town to torksey or train on a sunday morn

long live OXO AND HENDERSONS REAL ANGLERS MEAL

Flasks help but nothing beats the correct clothing and good waterproof boots.

I am not an angler, but really glad to find someone else who drinks Oxo. Nectar of the Gods!

Never let the cold stop me. I often question my sanity following a really cold day on the bank:loopy:

A little portable gas stove comes in handy for longer sessions. A mess tin of hot soup tastes lovely when sat out in the cold.

Flasks help but nothing beats the correct clothing and good waterproof boots.

put some plastic bags on your feet and a good pair of socks and u can fish in your carpet slippers , its the OXO and HENDERSONS that warm ya cockles

---------- Post added 21-01-2015 at 12:44 ----------

A little portable gas stove comes in handy for longer sessions. A mess tin of hot soup tastes lovely when sat out in the cold.

i use an old little meths stove great bit of kit, it fits in my pocket its that small

I consider myself old school but making feet sweat in plastic bags is a sure way to freeze your feet. Warm feet come from dry feet.

By the way I prefer Bovril and a hip flask of Irish.

Four hours this time of year is long enough for me so long as I can get out for a few hours I'm happy.

flask of Irish sounds good will be going this week if the white stuff stops