The richest one per cent.

I'm not really too bothered about what you think.

I didn't think you would be.

I guess you won't start a thread to tell us if HMRC one day come knocking for the tax you might be evading. But I'm not really bothered either.

---------- Post added 14-02-2015 at 10:11 ----------

But because I do like to be correct

https://www.gov.uk/tax-foreign-income/overview

You may need to pay UK Income Tax on your foreign income, eg:

wages if you work abroad

foreign investments and savings interest

rental income on overseas property

Whether you need to pay depends on if you’re classed as ‘resident’ in the UK for tax.

If you’re not UK resident, you won’t have to pay UK tax on your foreign income.

If you’re UK resident, you’ll normally pay tax on your foreign income. But you may not have to if your permanent home (‘domicile’) is abroad.

There we go, easy.

You're evading tax, and you've admitted it on a public forum. Well done.

---------- Post added 14-02-2015 at 10:12 ----------

Try reading something about it and see for yourself.

You keep asserting it, why are you so reluctant to provide any evidence?

I did read something, I even provided you the link and said that it was rather short on any details about HSBC breaking the law... :suspect:

I didn't think you would be.

I guess you won't start a thread to tell us if HMRC one day come knocking for the tax you might be evading. But I'm not really bothered either.

---------- Post added 14-02-2015 at 10:11 ----------

But because I do like to be correct

https://www.gov.uk/tax-foreign-income/overview

There we go, easy.

You're evading tax, and you've admitted it on a public forum. Well done.

Ah the man whose total knowledge of the world is derived from putting the answer he wants into Google so that he can find the question. Well done. Go tell my accountant. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Screw it! I'm spending the rest of my life on benefits!!

Seems pretty easy to me. Never have to work again, house provided, kids provided for, all for free and perfectly legal!!

Jolly good point. (as long as it's taken in context.)

Ah the man whose total knowledge of the world is derived from putting the answer he wants into Google so that he can find the question. Well done. Go tell my accountant. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I posted the link to the relevant tax authority guidelines, and you reckon you know better. Whatever, it's you that's evading tax. :rolleyes:

I posted the link to the relevant tax authority guidelines, and you reckon you know better. Whatever, it's you that's evading tax. :rolleyes:

Well that's the thing. You seem to think that your lack of knowledge on the subject combined with your ability to use google somehow makes you know more about my tax affairs than my financial advisor and my accountant. Oddly enough I don't, but do feel free to google financial advisor or accountant and report back. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

My parents have a home abroad, and by the amount of time they spend there, their financial obligations surrounding that property are only relevant to that country. You posted a link to why you believed Roosterbooster to be an evader, but im afraid you may be shooting above your weight with that. The law is;

"If you’re UK resident, you’ll normally pay tax on your foreign income. But you may not have to if your permanent home (‘domicile’) is abroad."

I would imagine that for someone to comment or accuse someone of being unorthodox with their tax affairs, without knowing the ins and outs, is probably spending too much time trying to prove they are always right, when clearly they are not.

It's possible. But I don't think he's ever posted before to say or imply that he spends more time out of the country than it.

He's pretty full of it to be honest, he probably made up his foreign investments to sound impressive.

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 09:19 ----------

Just to quote him again.

I'm not even convinced that there is a tax liability on overseas investments anyhow.

There isn't. If you aren't living in the UK (there will be a tax liability to wherever you DO actually live). But that's not what he meant is it.

He also doesn't appear to be very convinced, to say that it's on the firm advice of both his financial advisor AND accountant.

He's not convinced about it. HMRC are pretty convinced about it though. If you live in the UK and have foreign investments, then tax is due on the income. It's pretty straight forward. So the statement he made is simply wrong.

So if he's doing what he said, then he's evading tax.

My parents have a home abroad, and by the amount of time they spend there, their financial obligations surrounding that property are only relevant to that country. You posted a link to why you believed Roosterbooster to be an evader, but im afraid you may be shooting above your weight with that. The law is;

"If you’re UK resident, you’ll normally pay tax on your foreign income. But you may not have to if your permanent home (‘domicile’) is abroad."

I would imagine that for someone to comment or accuse someone of being unorthodox with their tax affairs, without knowing the ins and outs, is probably spending too much time trying to prove they are always right, when clearly they are not.

Yes it is pretty funny that someone unaquainted with the facts would imagine that he had more knowledge of a complex situation than someone who is.

A few years ago I bought a vineyard in Southern France. My tax affairs are so complex that I need professional help to sort them. Taking advice from the internet experts would have left me thousands out of pocket. Pretty much all of my taxation in France can be claimed back here or over there.

There is a famous quotation that a man who represents himself in court has an idiot for a client. I think the same applies to anyone who has investments or business dealings abroad.

It's possible. But I don't think he's ever posted before to say or imply that he spends more time out of the country than it.

He's pretty full of it to be honest, he probably made up his foreign investments to sound impressive.

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 09:19 ----------

Just to quote him again.

There isn't. If you aren't living in the UK (there will be a tax liability to wherever you DO actually live). But that's not what he meant is it.

He also doesn't appear to be very convinced, to say that it's on the firm advice of both his financial advisor AND accountant.

He's not convinced about it. HMRC are pretty convinced about it though. If you live in the UK and have foreign investments, then tax is due on the income. It's pretty straight forward. So the statement he made is simply wrong.

So if he's doing what he said, then he's evading tax.

Ah still blowing this one out your backside I see. More of your total knowledge gained from google is it?

I have no liability for my earnings. My accountant told me that. That is because I followed the advice from a financial advisor. He is fully aware of all the rules and unlike you doesn't get his knowledge from google.

As I said in the bit you quoted "I'm not even convinced that there is a tax liability on overseas investments anyhow".. That's because there are so many areas where such tax can be offset any decent financial advisor will be able to show you how to offset any tax that might otherwise be due. That's the advantage of paying for advice from experts rather than cyber idiots who think they know everything.

Still guessing about tax are you?

You made a statement, I checked and proved the opposite. Now you're attacking me since you don't like being wrong.

Why should I work hard all my life so someone can sponge on the dole blah blah blah etc. You can see it coming a mile off. It won't be long until they're here

There is nothing wrong with working hard and reaping the rewards, however the disparity between the top and bottom has become disgusting in recent times.

As I said in the bit you quoted "I'm not even convinced that there is a tax liability on overseas investments anyhow"..

Still wrong though isn't it. As the .gov.uk link quite categorically demonstrates.