What are the Longley chimes?

Quick question which probably has a boring answer but what is the chimes I hear in the Longley area on a Sunday? Yesterday they went off at the strange time of 10:42, and it all sounds a bit random (I tried to count them but gave up after 20 or so rings). I know the NHG clock tower but that sounds on the hour and this random one seems to be coming from a different place.

Its St Leonards on Herries ave.

Sunday bells are regular but in the week might be practice. (they need some).

As Mikes-joiner says, St Leonards church bell chimes on a Sunday. I think there is only one bell because you never hear a peal of bells

maybe campinoliagist's practicing.

... their spelling? :huh:

If I heard these I knew I had to run . I was in the church choir and we had to be there to change into our robes before the bell sounded . Good memories ! Also apologies to the brides who's weddings I sang at ,me and my friend spent many a Saturday in fits of giggles during songs haha !

Vicar Ball was lovely such a gentle man . He came out of retirement to take my moms funeral . As I said some lovely memories .

Was it Frank Ball?

Yes it was Frank Ball

Yes it was Frank Ball

Cannon Ball

He was Rural Dean of Ecclesfield and was later made an Honorary Canon of Sheffield Cathedral.