Thinking about moving to Chesterfield..

....so wondered what your....thoughts are about Chesterfield?

I did say "just" above average. It's towards the top end of the middle group. Holymoorside is towards the top end of the top group.

The locals can be a bit anal.

The locals can be a bit anal.

I have to say that people in Chesterfield are not nearly as bad as Sheffielders for getting all anal about the good and bad parts of town.

I have to say that people in Chesterfield are not nearly as bad as Sheffielders for getting all anal about the good and bad parts of town.

I think my views are coloured by HH's many bouts of insanity on here. I actually really like Chesterfield town centre. It's much nicer than Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster (qualified for obvious reasons) but I don't get there more than a couple of times a year. It's a nice bike ride in summer through Dronfield.

Holmewood has some rough places but I've been (and lived) in worse. Chesterfield town centre is ok. It might take a bit of getting used to a smaller town centre though.

Chesterfield is a nice town centre with plenty of historic gems, but it appears to be blighted by an increased number of empty shops, which I found a great disappointment, and worst of all, the Crooked Spire pub just by the Church and Tourist Information has shut down and is boarded up; lets hope that come spring, some new businesses will move in....:mad:

Holmewood is alright to be fair. The areas I would suggest to you would be Clay Cross , which has had a fair bit of money spent on it and some newish shops have opened there, Grassmoor ,quite place but has plenty of buses to town, Hasland ok too. Wingerworth is a place you need a car as the shops are at one side of the village and the bus service is poor. Chesterfield itself is ok and has a market the busiest been the Flea market on Thursday.

I'm moving to Chesterfield! I'm another 'white flight' statistic!

Paperwork signed and sorted, goodbye Sheffield.

I feel like I will finally be free!

Living on Orwellian Court (AKA Castle Court Hyde Park) Is a prison, there is camera's everywhere, there's one right outside my front door. The whole complex is sterile, stuffy and has creepy manned 24 hour Orwellain surveillance. No neighbourly contact we're just drones, My Holmewood home has friendly chatty neighbours and I'll have a garden and be able to breath!

Edited by cardoor

Good luck.

Anywhere has to be better than Hyde park.