What's your dog

Well ours is a lurcher which is the 19th most popular breed.... which is odd as a lurcher is not a breed, nor is Jack Russell! It then says crossbreeds were excluded.... well clearly not all were.

One lurcher could be a staffy/whippet and another could be a deerhound/collie, they wouldn't have very much in common!

Poodles!

One just too long legged to be a miniature but too short to be a standard.

The other just too tall to be a toy but too short for miniature.

They would both have been the left overs from a show breeders litter and I just wanted pets.

At 14 and 16 they don't need as much walking but still need loads of stimulus or they are naughty.

I have a JRTxPoodle (almost 8 yrs)

and a less commonly seen...JRTxCorgi! Around 2 yrs and recently rescued

I have a Staffy. And my boyfriend has an American Bulldog and a Bull Mastiff. All rescues :)

I walk in Ecclesfield Park with my dog and see lots and lots of Spaniels, mainly Cockers and Springers.

A yapping 5 year old yorkillon ( Dad full papillon, mum mini yorkie x chihuahua )

An old GSD whose on her last legs bless her.

Lost our staffie x bull 2013 due to ill health.

2 Lurchers, a Lab/terrier cross and a bit of everything dog :)

Well ours is a lurcher which is the 19th most popular breed.... which is odd as a lurcher is not a breed, nor is Jack Russell! It then says crossbreeds were excluded.... well clearly not all were.

One lurcher could be a staffy/whippet and another could be a deerhound/collie, they wouldn't have very much in common!

Jack Russells (like my dogs) are also not technically a proper breed, either, as there has to be a certain time- line of consistency in breed standards for the kennel club to recognise them as a breed. Im not overly bothered really, they are my furbabies, and i love them to pieces, and that's the end of it.

I have known jack russells almost the size of a cocker spaniel, down to teenytiny little things like my friends' old girl, who looked more the size of a chihuahua.

Kennel club regs require dogs to conform to breed standards with only a small variation in size across the breed.

I have a JRTxPoodle (almost 8 yrs)

and a less commonly seen...JRTxCorgi! Around 2 yrs and recently rescued

A Jrt x corgi certainly is unusual, I have only known one other, in all my fifty years.

Sadly, that one, however, was a nasty thing. It was always turfed out of the house to wander the local streets, and I cannot ever recall that he was under any form of control or care whatsoever, from his owners, who lived over the road fom us. It terrorised the other dogs, and cats, and children from all round the vicinity.

This dog attacked me when I was ten, I still carry the scarring on my face where it swung from me, as I tried to protect my own puppy, buttons, from its snapping teeth.

The owners were less than bothered, to say the least, when my dad went round to show them the mess that their out of control dog had made of my face.

Its strange though, that I love terriers, and despite being attacked by that delinquent dog, as I said above, I "am owned" by two Jack Russells

Miniature Schnauzer..............and a handsome brute he is too!