Living on your own

Quote above.

Standing up for mens issues isnt misogynistic.

You're not standing up for men's issues. You're having a general dig at women.

---------- Post added 18-01-2015 at 16:09 ----------

Well said Ubermaus.

Brilliant contribution to the thread. What comeback could I possibly have?

S

---------- Post added 18-01-2015 at 16:11 ----------

Quote above.

Standing up for mens issues isnt misogynistic.

Which, by the way, does not answer my question.

I think we should be allowed to have civil partnerships like gay people.

I believe there is a court case asking for that at the moment.

I have never been anti-women, perhaps sometimes thinking a little negative, but if I have the right person I will get past that.

She still has a profile picture of the flowers that I gave her, just that we havnt been intimate for about 2 weeks ;)

She still has a profile picture of the flowers that I gave her, just that we havnt been intimate for about 2 weeks ;)

That ole clanger

She still loves you mate...probably just knackered by the sounds of things!

If you helped her with domestic chores and listened to what's going on for her at the moment...

You might get lucky ;)

See if you can organise a weekend away somewhere to spend more time together in a setting where you don't have to be at the beck and call of both your families? It doesn't have to be far away - just pleasant.

Well said Ubermaus.

Cheers pete.

---------- Post added 18-01-2015 at 20:42 ----------

You're not standing up for men's issues. You're having a general dig at women.

---------- Post added 18-01-2015 at 16:09 ----------

Brilliant contribution to the thread. What comeback could I possibly have?

S

---------- Post added 18-01-2015 at 16:11 ----------

Which, by the way, does not answer my question.

Its the truth. Not a general dig at women.

---------- Post added 18-01-2015 at 20:44 ----------

I believe there is a court case asking for that at the moment.

I have never been anti-women, perhaps sometimes thinking a little negative, but if I have the right person I will get past that.

Me neither. Im pro-equal rights. Dont like to see blokes in trouble.

I think feeling lonely is all about the kind of person you are. I now live alone after being in a similar situation to Bill Plant in post number 7.

I love it! I have the freedom to do what I want, when I want with no hassle or complaints. Luckily we never had kids so I'm now free of my horrible ex. I don't feel lonely, I feel free. I now only need to work part-time, I get out and about a lot and have made new friends in the area I moved to. I run and train outside most days regardless of the weather. It's healthier and cheaper than being stuck in a gym. The fresh air is great and you do meet some interesting people along the way. I'm always up for a conversation and I think that outlook makes it easy to meet and chat to people.

As for relationships....if you are with the a good person then that is great. If you are not then I say it is better to get out and deal with the aftermath rather than be unhappy and have that noticed by the ones around you. If you are on your own, so what? You do not have to be part of a couple to be happy or normal.

I am over 50 years old, and have lived without a partner for all but 1 year of my adult life. I guess this is unusual. I do have a daughter.

I have always yearned for a partner, but hardly ever got there. I have a girl friend at the moment, of around 5 months, and would love it to work out, but I am struggleing to know what a normal relationship is like. We were very close, but our lives are now busy with our families/homes. I have rarely felt lonely before, but I do now. Just thought that I would share my thoughts, as some threads can be very similar.

From what I can gather El Cid you are so stuck in your own ways and now it has suddenly changed you are struggling to adapt to having to consider another person before you do what you want to do....very understandable.

I was the same, after being on my own for a while met someone both had same feelings moved in together and it was hard to begin with.

I really do hope you can work work something out, you don't have to live in each others shoes, live apart, have your own space......meet up for drinks, cook a meal for a night in together, spend time getting to know each other before making major changes to your life.....don't suddenly neglect your friends and family though, you will prob need them to give you advise along the way :)

If she is the one then I am sure you will soon be making bigger plans

sounds like it could be a great relationship :)

good luck