Laycocks Sports Club - New Members Welcome!

Laycocks Sports Club (the corner of Fraser/Archer Road S8 ) has a fresh stack of membership forms for our 2015/16 members. Laycocks is set in clean, safe, & child friendly grounds in between Woodseats & Millhouses at the bottom of Fraser Road.

Facilities include; Club house, floodlit football pitches & bowling greens, showers & changing facilities, as well as Sky Sports on over 4 screens. The bar is always fully stocked with everything from draught lagers, beers & ciders through to a good selection of soft drinks & snacks.

Our function room comfortably holds over 175/200 people and is ideal for birthdays, christenings, wakes, reunions, meetings, social groups, anniversaries, many more memorable events & private functions.

For some functions or parties we can discuss arranging a late licensed bar if required.

We're open;

Mon: 17:00–23:00

Tues: 14:00–23:00

Wed: 16:00–23:00

Thurs: 17:00–23:00

Fri/Sat: 13:00–23:00

Sun: 12:00–23:00

Pop in and see one of the staff about joining, membership is only £15 per year - which is a per household membership suitable for one, or more persons residing in the same property.

You contact us by;

Facebook: Laycocks Sports Club

Web Site: http://www.laycockssportsclub.co.uk

Email: Laycocksoffice@gmail.com

Phone: 0114 2369104

Address: Archer Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S8 0JZ

See you soon! :)

Edited by Craig-j
grammar

There was a huge thread on here a while ago that completely put me off the place. Absolutely nothing to do with the venue, but the people! Slagging off anyone new, anyone with kids, anyone who only had one drink, anyone who brought non members in, non members using the function room and slating the people who worked there. Please tell me those miserable so-and-sos no longer go?

Is this the one with floodlit football pitches with lights that they dont even turn on when they have football events there? im sure i went to a race night not long back when you didnt bother to turn them on for the kids!!

There was a huge thread on here a while ago that completely put me off the place. Absolutely nothing to do with the venue, but the people! Slagging off anyone new, anyone with kids, anyone who only had one drink, anyone who brought non members in, non members using the function room and slating the people who worked there. Please tell me those miserable so-and-sos no longer go?

Hi Tess, most of that was over-exaggerated on here by the odd troll or two, and isn't like that at all. There are loads of new things happening this year, it will be worth popping in. :)

---------- Post added 19-01-2015 at 22:27 ----------

Is this the one with floodlit football pitches with lights that they dont even turn on when they have football events there? im sure i went to a race night not long back when you didnt bother to turn them on for the kids!!

I'm sure if someone would have asked, and if they was working at the time, the flood lights would of been turned on!! :thumbsup:

[/color]

I'm sure if someone would have asked, and if they was working at the time, the flood lights would of been turned on!! :thumbsup:

So youre telling me if you have a football event on and there are loads of kids there you wouldnt think to turn them on of your own accord? rather than leave them all to go outside in the dark to play on the football pitches?

or is the truth that they never work anyway?

I emailed the club a while back enquiring if they had a darts team, but nobody ever got back to me. Can you let me know the details if the club has a team etc please

[/color]

So youre telling me if you have a football event on and there are loads of kids there you wouldnt think to turn them on of your own accord? rather than leave them all to go outside in the dark to play on the football pitches?

or is the truth that they never work anyway?

What I'm saying is, if nobody has turned them on/noticed kids playing on the pitches, and nobody asks the staff to turn them on, then they won't get turned on will they?! :roll:

---------- Post added 19-01-2015 at 23:43 ----------

I emailed the club a while back enquiring if they had a darts team, but nobody ever got back to me. Can you let me know the details if the club has a team etc please

Hi Baggers, yes there are a male & female darts team. To my knowledge the male team plays every Thursday from 19:30... I think this Thursday they are away, but next Thursday they are at home/Laycocks.... Hope this helps :)

Edited by alternageek

Guest sibon

Laycocks threads have been removed from SF for many years. Mostly because of the attitude of the club members who choose to contribute to said threads.

I've formed the firm opinion that the name of the club is one syllable too long:wink:

Laycocks threads have been removed from SF for many years. Mostly because of the attitude of the club members who choose to contribute to said threads.

I've formed the firm opinion that the name of the club is one syllable too long:wink:

Hi Sibon,

Yeah we had some trolls a over the last couple of years bickering on here, but touch wood, we're working hard to bring the reputation back to what it was before said trolls started posting! Many new things happening this year if all goes according to plan, so will be worth nipping in! :P

Guest sibon
Hi Sibon,

Yeah we had some trolls a over the last couple of years bickering on here, but touch wood, we're working hard to bring the reputation back to what it was before said trolls started posting! Many new things happening this year if all goes according to plan, so will be worth nipping in! :P

I'll take a bit of convincing, but well done for giving it a go.

Good luck with restoring your club's reputation.:)

I'll take a bit of convincing, but well done for giving it a go.

Good luck with restoring your club's reputation.:)

No problem :) we're open for suggestions and new additions too, possibly Real Ale for one, but we take all comments and suggestions on board! :idea::bigsmile:

I would think if you are having to advertise for members something is seriously wrong and needs to be addressed because the locals have obviously voted with their feet