Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

hmmm....i see....so can anyone just go there? i dont think ive seen the tower or i may have but forgot... i think you might as well go and then come back and tell us what happened...

try bramall lane on a saturday, it a ghost town.

sometimes cheers can be heard, even people crying.

Originally posted by Warreng

hmmm....i see....so can anyone just go there? i dont think ive seen the tower or i may have but forgot... i think you might as well go and then come back and tell us what happened...

I know someone who works there and went to see them once, whilst being shown around I could see how people would be spooked out in that place, it's like something out of nightmare on elm street. The basement is well spooky, with long corridors and pipes heading off in all directions.

Also I only went halfway up the stairs to the tower as I wasn't allowed any further up and it just felt so strange in there. You know when you can sense something and feel like you're being watched? it's that kind of feeling you get in there - when you get prickles on your neck just standing there!

The Old Queens Head, Pond Street

Back in the early 90's my sister was a relief manager of this pub, supposedly the oldest in the city with alleged links to Manor Lodge.

I went to meet her after the pub closed as we were going clubbing. We switched off all the lights in the place and went out for some late night fun and games.

having a sister living in the middle of town I thought it silly to taxi home so we went back to the pub to crash. Got in there all the pump lights had been switched on!

There was and had not been all night anybody there. Plus the living quarters are really spooky, if yr over 5'10" you'd have a job getting through the doorways!

Allegedly a guy haunted this pub and likes to sit in a corner.

I heard a story a few years back of the ghost of a bride that haunts the churchyard at Fir Vale.

It actually happened to a very good friend of mine, I wont mention his name but he was one of the lads working in the pizza shop opposite the church & had just finished his shift and was walking home past the yard near the traffic lights when he saw a woman sat on the bench with her head in her hands crying. Even stranger was the fact that she was in a full bridal dress - with the veil over her face.

Thinking it was someone from a fancy dress party he shouted across to her asking if she was alright or needed help, but she continued crying. With this he walked across the road and into the small yard and sat down next to her still asking if she was ok.

The minute he sat down he said he froze, like someone had thrown a bucket of ice over him. At the same time the bride lifted her head and looked at him - he raised the veil and and was shocked to realise he was staring into nothing! there was no face, just a black space.

He moved as fast as his legs could carry him and went back to the pizza shop. The other workers at the shop all vouch that he was pale & shaking, They even went out to investigate but could find nobody anywhere near the church. It took him a long time to come to terms with what he'd experienced.

I was told by the other staff there that he subsequently left his job there the following week.

Anyone know who the ghost might have been of?

Sounds like a classic example of exposure to spirits. ;)

lol! :P now that was a bad joke! and you know you've reminded me of one now!!

The one about the two homosexual ghosts? . . they kept putting the willies up each other! :D

Does anyone know if Sheffield has any ghost tours?

the kind they do in Nottingham & York, where a crowd of people are shown around supposedly haunted sites and told old ghost stories etc.

I hope your not looking for the ghost from your last but one Les...lol

Certainly not Owd! scary as it may be. :P

Originally posted by JessicaA

does anyone know much about the Manorcastle pub opposite the ruins? ive heard its haunted but i'm not sure where to find out!

My Dad, and some of the other regulars who drink at the manor castle pub on manor lane say they have seen and felt a presence there, it's usually when they have a lock in. Cleaners, Barstaff and Landlords past and present have also witnessed strange occurence's.

Mind you they say the Bitter in there is to die for.

What kind of strange occurances Rubbersoul? spectres or things moving, strange noises etc.

I know this may seem like a stupid question - but whereabouts is the manorcastle pub?