Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

I know what you mean Dawn, When i was a youngster i used to play at my friends house and he had an old bomb shelter at the top of his garden. We spent many hours pretending to be soldiers etc and the old man next door used to tell us all sorts of stories of the war. He used to smoke a pipe and the smell was really strong.

He died not long after and in the summer of the next year whilst we were playing in the shelter we both could smell the same strong tobacco that he used to smoke.

it happened a few times and there was never anyone else who smoked around at the time!

Why dont you go along to somewhere "haunted" with some of the guys on this thread?

Personally ive never seen a ghost or gone looking for them. And im certainly not a firm believer, but i am atleast willing to have an open mind on the matter as i cant prove anything either way.

But i DO think you are as stubborn as a barn door!

How can you say they are liers and fakes??? You strongly believe ghost dont exist and they strongly do! Who is right?

Well just cos you dont believe them doesn't mean you ARE right does it?

I dont believe you know enough about editing pictures to have said what you have, but does that make you a lier and a fake? And does that mean i am DEFINATELY right about you?

I'll look forward to you no doubt proving me wrong about your skills, but at the same time it will also prove that your wrong in thinking you are DEFINATELY right about the ghost stuff no?!?!

At least go with them and have a look for yourself before you slag them off, im sure they would be accomodating??

For the record, I still haven't heard anything back from the COPTC people that wanted to anylyse my photo's.

Originally posted by Ollie

Why dont you go along to somewhere "haunted" with some of the guys on this thread?

Personally ive never seen a ghost or gone looking for them. And im certainly not a firm believer, but i am atleast willing to have an open mind on the matter as i cant prove anything either way.

But i DO think you are as stubborn as a barn door!

How can you say they are liers and fakes??? You strongly believe ghost dont exist and they strongly do! Who is right?

Well just cos you dont believe them doesn't mean you ARE right does it?

I dont believe you know enough about editing pictures to have said what you have, but does that make you a lier and a fake? And does that mean i am DEFINATELY right about you?

I'll look forward to you no doubt proving me wrong about your skills, but at the same time it will also prove that your wrong in thinking you are DEFINATELY right about the ghost stuff no?!?!

At least go with them and have a look for yourself before you slag them off, im sure they would be accomodating??

It's not a case of being open minded, I was when I was younger. I have been to haunted places, seen things that scared me and everything else that goes with it. Like most children I was fascinated with these things.

I won't be going with them as I live in Chicago now. I used to post (when i live in Sheffield) and look in every now and again.

There is proof they don't exist. PLENTY of proof. It always amazes me that people are willing to believe the most unbelievable things over the more viable alternative. Ask yourselves why.

No what YOU should do is, do a little reading. Everybody searching for bizarre explanations to simple things in this thread should. Look at the links I posted, look at http://www.randi.org (BTW Randi offers 1 million dollars to anybody who can prove their photos or claims... NOBODY has won it, why?), there are hundreds of sites that debunk (as I have done) these idiots. Ollie I can say with 100% certainty that those picture were faked. Anybody with a digital camera of scanner, look at your own photos and see if you can find where each block of colour is so regulated when you zoom in. You won't be able to, it does not happen.. you have more chance of winning the lottery than "pixels" or blocks of colour happening naturally like that. It's been digitally altered. I can say with complete certainty. And there are plenty of other people out there doing the same, to keep people beliving. It's not rocket science, they made a mistake thinking nobody with a clue would look at them. They are taking the **** out of people like you. In private these people laugh at people like you, how they conned you in to believing. Like the students who did the crop circles, they laught at you people over a pint in the pub.

Millions of these picture have been proved to be fake. If you want to go through life being lied to, and be so gullible you believe (or do not discount the possibility) then that's fine. But be aware you are self delusional, that will never get you anywhere, it WILL allow people to take advantage of you, and there are plenty of people in this World trying to take advantage of you. That's the best advice I can give you, as somebody who once took advantage of people whole blindly follow, trust and beleive.

If people take one thing away from this, it's NOT harmless fun. Perpetuating these myths is not just something we should take flippantly and allow people to get away with. It DOES damage, indirectly, but it does damage. BIG damage. Trust me.

And people ask yourself why the paranormal people have not put up a decent argument. Because they know dam well they have been ousted as liars.

Knowledge is power.

Are you trying to tell me that Yoda doesn't exist? :(

of course yoda exists, hes sat having a game of poker with the 'Bogie Man', Santa Claus and God.

Jesus was also in the game but had to leave to attend some crusifiction, but i think that may have just been an excuse cus he was loosing quite badly :D

Originally posted by Nu_Skillz

of course yoda exists, hes sat having a game of poker with the 'Bogie Man', Santa Claus and God.

Jesus was also in the game but had to leave to attend some crusifiction, but i think that may have just been an excuse cus he was loosing quite badly :D

Yoda was a puppet voiced by the bloke who did Fozzy, Gonzo and most of the other "cast" of the Muppet Show... :lol:

Puppet! LOL! thats a good one. I suppose he could be a puppet because he looks abit rubbery but sorry, ain't no puppet i know who's as wise and cool as him.

As for the voices!! get real :P Yoda IS real.

Much fear in you, there is. Teach you - I will.

I heard from a friend at The NG Hospital that there was another sighting of the shadowy figure near the top of the stairs in the old clock tower again last week!

He told me that one cleaner is refusing to go up there after she said she heard someone walking around and then cough right behind her. She was the only one up there at the time and says that something pulled on her dress.

I was told that the tower had been excorsised once before after rumours of staff sightings of ghosts etc. By the sounds of it, they didn't get rid of everything.

I know that during the war there were bombs dropped in the Fir Vale area (no jokes about how it looks now please) and that many buildings and homes were wrecked. From talking to many of the older residents I gathered that an old, grey lady materialises during a certain November night just down the road from where the Cannon Hall pub is and walks down the middle of the road.

Is this an urban myth or has anyone else heard about this too? I got the same story from more than one person & would be interested to hear if anyone else might have heard of it - or can shed some light on it.

Do you mean the clock tower for the church? or some other tower nea3r the hospital? i knwo theres a church there....

The tall tower around the back of the hospital, It's one of the oldest parts of the NGH. I think they call it the clock tower. It's reputedly haunted not only in the top rooms which look pretty ghastly from outside during the day but also down in the basement as well.

There have been sightings of unknown figures down there too!