Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

Originally posted by Lestat

What kind of strange occurances Rubbersoul? spectres or things moving, strange noises etc.

I know this may seem like a stupid question - but whereabouts is the manorcastle pub?

The Manor castle pub is situated between the Wybourn and Manor park estates, and next to the turret house and ruins on Manor lane.

As for the strange occurences, it's the usual sudden drop in temperature and movement just out of field of view.

I saw a ghost in The vine on Cemetry road when I worked there a couple of years back. The atmosphere in the cellar is well creepy and can suddenly change! I was in there about two AM and I came down stairs and there was this guy stood at the bar. Naturally I kaked myself and when I had regained my composure he vanished. But it would be cool to think that when we die we can spend all our time in bars.

It's true that alot of ghostly happenings and sightings seem to be in pubs and bars. Maybe because they've been around for so long and have been frequented by so many characters throughout their time.

Miniminch, your story is very interesting - I can understand it must have been dark but did you manage to see the face or eyes etc? did he move at all and when he vanished did you see it happen?

OK! Im going on a ghost hunt/vigil next week. I've been trying to pluck up enough courage for ages to do it. Im going to spend a few hours on the Stocksbridge Bypass alone, from around 10pm till about 3 or 4am depending on the circumstances.

I really want to see first hand if anything is out there at all. Will report back on this post soon with my findings!;)

I'm being cynical now. :( Is it a good idea to advertise where you are going to be alone in the early hours of the morning?

Good luck, hope you see something interesting. :D

LOL! probably not Snook, Im hoping there wont be any forummers there in white sheets - thats why Im not saying which night.

Got me trusty cam anyway so if I do see anything - it'll be on here!:P

Hi

I have just joined the forum but if your looking for ghost stories near the Firvale area the only place to lookis the Northern General Hospital, a friend of mine works there and she has told me of the different stories. She was once on duty and was working in the theaters at night, she aked if one particular theater

was in use and if not she would get it cleaned, the sister in charge told her that it was not is use therefor she could clean it. She walked down to the theater and looked in only to see three men in green gowns leaning over the operating table. She went back and told the sisiter and they both went down together, they looked in and the theater was in darkness.

No one was there and it had not been in use.

There is also supposed to be a ghost in the old part of the northern where the clock tower is (it used to be the old work house) and also a presence in the basement area (SSD) where the sterile supply unit is.

dazzer

Well, I went to the Stocksbridge Bypass last week and stayed there through the night. I drove down at about 9.30ish and chose a nice high spot near a bridge. I parked up in a layby behind a truck and waited!! I had my trusty cam with me in case anything exciting happened.

After about an hour it was pretty dark so I decided to go for a little walk, I went along the grass verge of the opposite side for about 500 yards but decided to go back to my car as it was dark and I'd probably get arrested if I was seen by the law.

Just after midnight though something did happen - I had my radio on and it suddenly went all fuzzy and I couldn't get it back clear. The truck in front had gone and yet I got this horrible cold feeling that there was something in front of my car. I got my cam ready and was holding it up to the windscreen praying for something to appear!! Although nothing did appear, A large shadow did pass over the whole car - could have been a cloud or something! it wasn't any other traffic cos non passed at the time.

Other than this I had a horrible feeling of someone sat in the backseat of my car as I moved from the spot to another layby on my way back. I stopped there till about 2am and only saw traffic pass.

The moments when there was no other traffic though were pretty scary. It went deathly quiet and every noise had me looking around. There was a moment when I thought I saw a figure stood near the roadside but it was gone as quickly as it had appeared and I decided it was the shadow of a tree!!

I can fully understand why drivers have experienced unnatural things here though, it is a spooky place with a history and an unwelcoming atmosphere.

Just to change the subject for one min..YPS are doing an investigation at Marston Moor near York on Saturday 7th if you want to become a member and then join us then PM or email [email protected] for more details :thumbsup: Jon

i believe in ghosts because i have seen a number of them and i was wondering if anyone else has seen a ghost or knows where abouts in sheffield is the most haunted

thank you didn't see that theard