Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

Update: I've just looked a the pic again... it does have flash, sorry.

However, I've just freaked myself because there is very clearly a face visible that I didn't notice before :o

Thats OK. Thats why even believers of the Paranormal are sceptics in the first part as you have to eliminate natural and human causes first and then see what can have caused it. Is quite a long process as anyone who does this knows.

Stuart

Tony,

Any chance of you putting the pic on here so we can take a look?:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Jon

Fact 1) We are not COTCPI we are the Yorkshire Paranormal Society.

Fact 2) We have one member who is a member of COTCPI

No offence meant but i'm ******* myself here, Life of Brian anyone?

"Are you the Judean Peoples Front?"

"F*** OFF, we're the Peoples Front of Judea!"

I'll get me coat...

Originally posted by Lestat

Tony,

Any chance of you putting the pic on here so we can take a look?:thumbsup:

Ummm.. well we don't that facility do we? I would if we did, or if Geoff made a special exception.

I haven't heard from the paranormalst yet, but I did send him the pic last night. I'll look forward to the analysis (probably dust on the lens or something). Maybe back2basics want's to analyse it too?

Can't you upload it to a website & then post the link? You can email it to me and I'll do it for you if you like...

Originally posted by Barra

No offence meant but i'm ******* myself here, Life of Brian anyone?

"Are you the Judean Peoples Front?"

"F*** OFF, we're the Peoples Front of Judea!"

I'll get me coat...

:D nice one Barra thats funny

I really cant see anything resembling a face . . is it higher up in the pic? :( I can see the orbs tho.

Originally posted by paranormalst

Funny but you say why am I secretive when you claim to work for a government department but won't tell me your name. Besides which as you should know the governement keep an eye on the internet so I hope for your sake you just haven't lost yourself your job for disclosing this fact.

That apart I have spoken to the other Co-founders and we would like to invite you along to one of our investigations.

Please drop us an e-mail to enquiries@cotcpi.co.uk so we can let you know details etc...

Regards

Stuart

I don't work for a government agency. It was a joke, because science and governments gave up looking in to this clap trap years ago. Most people who still believe, or want people to believe, have to come up with some sort of conspiracy theory to counteract this fact.. and the fact that these trends and fads (aliens with bug eyes, ghosts and now orbs) all coincide with cultural effects, like films, books and radio. That's when the public start seeing these things for themselves. It's just a function of the brain, you see something, your brain cannot make sense of it, and it fills in the gaps. There has been no corroborated proof, non what so ever of any of these paranormal things existing, but there is are so many that have been show to be faked. You have to ask yourself why, and it isn't the government and science covering it up.

Tony, do you have a bigger picture? What kind of Camera was it taken on (make/model)? I took a quick look and it's hard to tell. There is a vertical line of white highlights running almost directly down from the "orb", which could point to a flash effect. But I would need more details and a bigger version of the image to tell.

Here is a good example how the human eye can be fooled by photos...

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/space/travelinginspace/no_ufo.html

If anybody is looking for *truly* skeptical reasoning being something they have seen or photoed, that they cannot understand, try this site. They are *real* scientists (scientist who don't have a problem talking about their methods), world leading scientists, they don't look at individual cases, but all the info you need is there in the archives.

http://www.csicop.org/si/

Jeez Back2basics! I thought ghostly phenomenon was confusing! the way you talk about camera lenses and all these other gadgets is really rather tiresome & uninteresting.

Can't you just let people talk about a subject without showing off your brainiac skills of deduction ( which to tell you the truth, I personally think is a load of old womens pants ).

Right back to the original thread - Has anybody had any supernatural experiences in Sheffield?