Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

There's apparently a wellknown ghost at my work, which I find very worrying I can tell you. I work in the old Radio Sheffield building and lots of my colleagues have seen this ghost - who only seems to reveal herself to men. Some parts of the building do literally send a chill down your spine when you enter the room - which sounds daft but is too true. Put it this way I would not like to be locked in that building all alone.......(!)

ive posted a message on the history section about'ghosts'at Queens Road retail park.Itoo would be gratefull of any info.

Staff at one of the retail outlets have experienced some very strange goings on.

A black shadow that a member of staff saw,and then checked on cctv and was visable.

a voice asking a member of staff 'What are you doing'when they turned around no-one was there!

Numreous reports of taps on the shoulders etc...no explanation

Turnstiles in the building turning with quite a speed but again....no one there.

weird eh?Researched as much as possible and know that the site was bus/tram depot and also heard rumours that a man took his own life there many years ago.If anyone knows any more info that may be useful please p.m. me.Thanks.

forgot to mention that the areas that the sightings and experiences are happening in is also freezing cold and there is no explanation for that either.

Done a temperature check and the reading in that specific area was 10 degrees lower than any other area in the building.

Beauchief Abbey is reported to be haunted. I don't know how much truth is in that as I've not looked into it, but everytime I've walked my dog near there I've felt really uncomfortable.

Strange things used to happen at the old house I lived in on harcourt road, things would move clocks would alter.. It used to bother me more than most of the visitors cos apparently "the gift " runs through my mothers side of the family. once I was sat at the p.c and I thought my son had his head over my shoulder, I turned round to scorn him and all that was there was a sort of dark head shaped matter.. made me jump and I screamed at that point my son popped his head round the top of the stairs to ask what was wrong.. it used to love to hide watches and roll balls along the floor.. there was a story connected to the house but I am not sure if it was true it involved italian familys in the 1930s and gang warfare..

have you got the 2 books ghosts of sheffield and more ghosts of sheffield i did have both but can only find one there old books published aroud 1987 but very interesting and has alot of different palces in

Does anyone know about any ghosts in the Manor castle pub? also does anyone know where there were sightings of spring heeled jack in sheffield?

does anyone know much about the Manorcastle pub opposite the ruins? ive heard its haunted but i'm not sure where to find out!

Originally posted by JessicaA

Does anyone know about any ghosts in the Manor castle pub? also does anyone know where there were sightings of spring heeled jack in sheffield?

There is no such thing as Spring Heeled Jack Its just something they made up to scare kids, like the Boogie Man or Michael Jackson :D

hey jenhoppy, which retail outlet on Queens road are you saying is haunted?