Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

Paula I wish you would stop knocking the ghosts of South Yorkshire, these ghosts have been haunting for 100s of years, all your doing is making there job a lot harder, give em a break, let them do there job.

I'm just concerned about why they're not paying their taxes...

I remember when there was a basement sales floor in Boots but never knew about a haunted stockroom. Is the basement still used as a sales floor or did it just become one big stockroom?

If this is the High Street Boots ... maybe its something to do with its proximity to the old Marples Pub and those people tragically killed in the 2nd word war by a bomb when it was a hotel?

The story about the David Wilson home was credible until the spinning duvet such a shame

I wonder how the concept of the "ghost" first started, and also "UFO's". Ghost and UFO stories inspire people to perhaps make up their own but it had to begin somewhere.

If you read the opening post, the purpose of this thread is to tell Sheffield ghost stories etc. It is not to discuss whether ghosts exist and its certainly not to ridicule people that believe they do.

Posts have been removed. Feel free to start a thread discussing the existence or non existence if thats what youd like to talk about.

If you read the opening post, the purpose of this thread is to tell Sheffield ghost stories etc. It is not to discuss whether ghosts exist and its certainly not to ridicule people that believe they do.

Posts have been removed. Feel free to start a thread discussing the existence or non existence if thats what youd like to talk about.

Thank you! I tried to make this point a couple of months ago :D

Keep the stories coming...

Didn’t one of the policeman on the stocksbridge bypass admit making it up about the sightings years ago ???

Didn’t one of the policeman on the stocksbridge bypass admit making it up about the sightings years ago ???

I think you're thinking of one of the security guards who said that the part about the children singing ring o roses never happened.

I find this very interesting as that's the only account of the children from the original story and yet to this day investigators claim to see them or contact them.

As far as I am aware he still insists the rest of the story about the monk actually happened though.

If this is the case I have no idea where the children part came from or how it got woven into the myth as fact, I suspect it was probably a case of Chinese Whispers.

Did another security guard go to live abroad as he couldn’t forget what he had saw ? Thankyou for the reply I find it very interesting

the ghost at kiveton is on packman lane i,ve seen it on two occassions and although im a beleiver in such things im also very sceptical at sightings so i stayed for about 15 minutes ruling out all other options eg moonlight ,reflections etc

it is supposed to be a highway man who roamed the area of kiveton ,todwick etc which is why no feet are ever seen as he is supposed to be on horesback and as well as crossing rd he also cicles in feilds at side as if waiting for coach

He'll be waiting some time then. A bit like trying to catch a bus to Dore from the city centre.

---------- Post added 27-05-2018 at 06:54 ----------

I got a book of the ghosts of sheffield. It was really intresting so i convinced my bloke to come on a hunt wi me and his mates.We went up 2 buntins nook in norton and walked up the path to that church and my bloke whos 21, 20 odd stone and 6ft 4 who isnt scared of much legged it bk to the car in tears when he said he saw a something in the doorway of the church all in white staring at us. I didnt see anything but in the state my bloke was in i wont be goin up there again.

that's a terrifying thought. The last time I saw something in all white staring at me from the doorway of a church I ended up marrying it.

---------- Post added 27-05-2018 at 07:16 ----------

Worked in Stocksbridge for 3 years and worked in Manchester for a year, travelled the bypass every day morning and night, never saw a thing.

You may just be unobservant though?

There must be someone reading this that lives on the David Wilson estate on lodge moor the many sightings of the grave digger can’t be all lies

He'll be waiting some time then. A bit like trying to catch a bus to Dore from the city centre.

---------- Post added 27-05-2018 at 06:54 ----------

that's a terrifying thought. The last t staring at me from the doorway of a church I ended up marrying it.[ime I saw something in all whiteCOLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 27-05-2018 at 07:16 ----------

[/color]

You may just be unobservant though?

That made me laugh out loud, albert.

---------- Post added 27-05-2018 at 09:02 ----------

Sorry derby.