Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

May I remind users that shorthand and text speak is against the rules.

Thank you.

May I remind users that shorthand and text speak is against the rules.

Thank you.

And pure gobbledegook, which the deleted post was. :hihi:

hey does anyone know of sally clarks in woodhouse i know quite a bit but need to know more anyone know :help: Sally Clarks :)

Okay then, one day in the Summer I was walking down Fargate and saw what looked like King Kong. I couldn't get a clear view cos it was a bright, sunny day and even though it was packed with shoppers nobody else saw it ... and, despite having my 8 megapixel cam phone in my hand I was too transfixed to take any pictures .... and despite that area being covered in CCTV no images of it exist .... BUT IT HAPPENED cos I say so :rolleyes: and anyone who doesn't believe my awesome lies is a sceptic ..... :suspect:

We used to think the Earth was flat, cavemen used to throw rocks at the Moon cos it scared them, we used to sacrifice people for bad harvests/eclipses, etc. ... then we evolved.

Try it? ;)

I'm not saying you should believe them just don't see why people have to ridicule anyone that dares mention their experiences. There have been plenty of things I've seen on camera that could be explained as supernatural but I'm a sceptic so hard to believe them but I wouldn't dismiss it either.

Come back with video evidence of your experience and I might sort of believe you:)

I'm not saying you should believe them just don't see why people have to ridicule anyone that dares mention their experiences. There have been plenty of things I've seen on camera that could be explained as supernatural but I'm a sceptic so hard to believe them but I wouldn't dismiss it either.

Well I would ... and I'd have thought it fairly obvious ...

Someone making wild, far-fetched claims and all WITHOUT EVIDENCE ... yet expecting no come-back on it ? Come on ... :gag:

As in my faux 'King Kong / Fargate' analogy: it's all delusional crap :loopy:

,,,,,,.,,.,,,,l,

Edited by terri37

Visited Bunting Nook briefly the last two nights, being in the area. Didn't see anything out of the ordinary bar the big house lit up on the left. That has to be the strangest house this side of Amtyville :D

I’m not sure I believe in ghosts but I have a couple of stories. I didn’t know about any of these supposed ghosts until I was told about them afterwards. These are both from the 1980s.

One time I was walking down the High Street heading towards Angel Street, roughly where the Banker’s Draft is now. It was broad daylight and this frantic woman in a beige raincoat ran up and stopped me and asked where the nearest telephone was. I said it would probably be down in Fitzalan Square. She said she’s not going down there because of the bombs and I said what bombs? She said those bombs dropping can’t you here them? I said no. She said you’re mad and ran off up the High Street.

Secondly, I had a friend living in a bedsit, 88 Whitham Road. We were playing Cludeo I think and I said don’t cheat, I’m going to the toilet. I got to the bathroom and the door was locked and someone was singing and running the bath inside. So I went back downstairs and said is there another toilet in here? – The house was split up into flats. My mate said no why? I said I couldn’t use the one upstairs because someone was running a bath. My mate said there’s only us (3 people in the kitchen) in the house at the moment and he legged it upstairs with his brother. I only found out what was going on after they came back down stairs.

11 years on.... & this thread is still here with many great stories & debates... Let's hope it's still here in another 11 years with many more local ghost stories to keep us all entertained, & chilled to the bone! Keep up the good work! :)