Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

by normal online sources i'm referring to youtube :)

Hello Fairyworld. Glad to see you are not allowing discussion to be stifled.

Your report is interesting as it happened in a ward and not an A&E, where a lot of "death-bed" apparitions are reported. If indeed they do occur due to severe trauma death, presumably this was not the case here?

The burden of proof is on those to verify that something DOES exist, not that it doesn't .... if there's no EVIDENCE (merely a belief) then it can be ignored ...

Theres no evidence of life or no life on Mars so do we ignore that to.

The lady had gone for an operation , but when they were doing it , sadly nothing could be done so they closed her up & sent her back to us .

Theres no evidence of life or no life on Mars so do we ignore that to.

No-one's going around claiming that there IS or ISN'T ... that will be discovered when/if we actually get there ...

But, anyway, back to 'the point' ... we have people claiming they've seen ghosts/phenomena, etc. .... and that's absolutely fine .... however is there any evidence?

Any proof?

Anything?

Anything at all?

No?

No evidence .... therefore it can be dismissed.

ianv

I will keep trying to continue reporting what I see & have seen , but maybe not on here because I get a little annoyed when certain people continue to just rubbish what people say when they have seen something paranormal .

I do have to say , I worked at Middlewood when I was 16 & doing a pre nursing course ,and it was very spooky even then , especially the clock tower .

Walking up the drive towards the clock tower made me really uneasy .

I will try this , but will get rubbished , I am sure . A patient , I never met had come back from theatre when I was on a late shift , she was terminal as they couldn't do anything for her . She was in the side ward & the Sister was in with her & the relatives . Next thing , I happened to look up & saw a lady stood there looking at me , so I blew her a kiss & waved , she then just vanished. I asked our Sister if she had died & she looked really shocked & said only just . I just told her I had just seen a lady which I presume was her because I didn't recognise her as being one of the other patients.

I thought Middlewood was a mental hospital and did not know they did operations there.

No-one's going around claiming that there IS or ISN'T ... that will be discovered when/if we actually get there ...

But, anyway, back to 'the point' ... we have people claiming they've seen ghosts/phenomena, etc. .... and that's absolutely fine .... however is there any evidence?

Any proof?

Anything?

Anything at all?

No?

No evidence .... therefore it can be dismissed.

but the people that experience it see it as proof. I watch ghost adventures and see things on there that make me wonder. neither makes me believe 100% in anything paranormal but I still wouldn't criticise anyone for commenting on what they experience, it's just one of those things where solid proof will probably never be found

Marcster

No , I work somewhere else now ,although they may have done electric shock treatment at Middlewood. No , sorry if I didn't make myself clear , but I know they didn't do surgery there .

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 11:42 ----------

It is very difficult to get proof . I am not likely to just carry a camera with me when I am on duty . The ghosts I see , don't give me warning , they just appear , day or night , so as much as I would like to give you proof , I cant.

but the people that experience it see it as proof. I watch ghost adventures and see things on there that make me wonder. neither makes me believe 100% in anything paranormal but I still wouldn't criticise anyone for commenting on what they experience, it's just one of those things where solid proof will probably never be found

Okay then, one day in the Summer I was walking down Fargate and saw what looked like King Kong. I couldn't get a clear view cos it was a bright, sunny day and even though it was packed with shoppers nobody else saw it ... and, despite having my 8 megapixel cam phone in my hand I was too transfixed to take any pictures .... and despite that area being covered in CCTV no images of it exist .... BUT IT HAPPENED cos I say so :rolleyes: and anyone who doesn't believe my awesome lies is a sceptic ..... :suspect:

We used to think the Earth was flat, cavemen used to throw rocks at the Moon cos it scared them, we used to sacrifice people for bad harvests/eclipses, etc. ... then we evolved.

Try it? ;)

I believe your awesome lies joe momma. I bet it was a shock for you what didn't happen. now if you had recorded that footage that never existed it would have been amazingly uncompelling.

The burden of proof is on those to verify that something DOES exist, not that it doesn't .... if there's no EVIDENCE (merely a belief) then it can be ignored ...

Just as a god. Ghosts simply do not exist. Just the vulnerable. Gullible and stupid

Ghosties and ghoulies and things that go bump in the night . . . Spectres or apparitions, phantoms or poltergeists . . Seen any in our beloved city?

If anybody has any spooky stories or encounters with the supernatural - please post them here.

Hi, i have a CCTV video of customers walking through spirits(ghosts) of the 5 arches pub herries road. i used to be landlady, the spirits (not in a bottle) spirits even looked through the CCTV lense, they all looked very large but actually it was because it was the foundation they was on at the time they were alive, there were many of them and each one changed their faces infront of the camera, i called in the supernatural team and had a night at the pub with them, there was a man(spirit) called Simon Tibus who's wife died in child birth Simon died through a battle where the 5 arches pub was in the corn fields, a little boy walter died through being trapped in snare and he couldnt find the light, there was an evil presence (spirit) that scratched the sides of a large vase which i still have, many many spirits there... a few days later i was in the cellar and i knew that someone was stood behind me, i quickly turned and there was a very tall man in soild form with very dark shoulder lenghth curly hair, black long coat and white ruffle collar shirt, and a pale face, i turned my head back round in disbelieve and in that split second the spirit had gone.. if anyone has wants to have a look at the CCTV they are more than welcome but im scared that it will release them......

---------- Post added 22-10-2013 at 11:31 ----------

Ghosties and ghoulies and things that go bump in the night . . . Spectres or apparitions, phantoms or poltergeists . . Seen any in our beloved city?

If anybody has any spooky stories or encounters with the supernatural - please post them here.

I also have a photo of me and my nephew in the photo is a indian (spirit) with smoke coming out of its mouth it is around 20 times bigger than me and my nephew (who passed away several months after the photo was taken)......