Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

Exactly!.. He's built like a brick (out)house :hihi::hihi: hopefully he can get some better photo's, stick a video recorder on or get some sound recordings. Might have to remind him again. I can't believe he's still living there tbh, I'd have legged it long ago. :|

I could probably cope a couple of nights but im sure the novelty would wear off :hihi:

He knows we are chatting about him, ive just told him on FB!. Told him we wont name names.

It's not the dead you should be scared of, it's the living.

Yes, the Todwick story is quite a popular one. It's supposed to be a horseman roaming the area. Drivers in cars stopping at the crossroads near the garden centre have allegedly witnessed something unnatural cross their path during the night.

They'd have a problem now, the crossroads are no more due to road widening.

Somebody mentioned earlier on in the thread that there is a ghost of a soldier at Hillsborough Barracks.

My dad thinks he may have seen him.

He told me that he was driving to work just before Christmas along Langsett Road towards Shalesmoor way at about 5am, when this man ran across the road so close that my dad had to slow down. The man who was wearing army clothing apparently ran into the barracks car park. Dad looked down to where this man had run to but there was no one/nothing there.

He's is not really a man to believe in things like this, but even he came home slightly spooked.

Between 2006 and 2009, we rented a studio apartment at Atlantic One on St Georges Walk (S3). My partner said she twice saw a ghostly figure in the room during the early hours; one time was a black male wearing a hooded tracksuit; the second time was a young white woman that seemed to be scurrying for something at the bottom of our bed.

(Note: we weren't being burgled!)

A few times when my partner went to bed before I did, she also said something shook the bed! When a friend stayed over once, sleeping on the sofa-bed in the kitchen/lounge area, she too said something shook her bed in the night!

Prior to the regeneration of that road, I know this area of Sheffield has a lot of negative history/reputation attached.

Spooky!

Edited by jm79

When I was a lad of 6 at home in Woodseats, I awoke in the early hours to see 5 humanoid shapes stood to the right of my bed. They were about a metre in height and had no facial features except the one second from right, which also appeared to float. I called for my mother and they disapeared. My parents put it down to nightmare. However, the experience gave me an interest in the paranormal which continues to this day.

No such thing as ghosts

Plenty of gullible fools though

No such thing as ghosts

Plenty of gullible fools though

And of course you have unequivocal proof that ghosts do not exist. The paranormal activities around the world, the hundreds of thousands of experiences every year, the basis of religions around the world .... are all down to gullible fools.

Nice sweeping statement. :|

About ten years ago I was at Carbrook Hall pub with some friends, one of them was taking pictures inside the place. when the pictures were developed there was something really strange about one of them; In the picture you could see a grass verge outside through a window with a knight in armour standing there who definitely wasn't there when the picture was taken. What was even more odd about it was that the knight in armour was really small like it was far away in the distance even though it was in front of things that were just 15 or 20 feet away. :huh:

Lestat

You have no chance convincing people on here as there are far too many closed minded ones who just because they haven't ever seen one say " GHOSTS DONT EXIST" . I have seen lots of them in various places & I wont bother sharing any more stories.

Lestat

You have no chance convincing people on here as there are far too many closed minded ones who just because they haven't ever seen one say " GHOSTS DONT EXIST" . I have seen lots of them in various places & I wont bother sharing any more stories.

Those who take a scientific view of the subject are by their very nature open-minded. That's the essence of scientific discovery. All it would take to convince a skeptic is to supply convincing evidence, by which I mean evidence of the standard required to support any other potentially momentous discovery; anecdotes by true believers don't make for convincing evidence for anyone other than those predisposed to believe in ghosts and other 'paranormal' phenomena.

The most closed-minded of all in this discussion are those for whom unexplained phenomena = ghosts, with minimal, if any, nod to the notion that their observations are likely be rooted in something rather more mundane.

Oh I truly don't think science has much to do with the ghosts I have seen . Unless a ghost wants to show itself to someone well there will be nothing any of the scientists can do . Ghosts are so not bothered about science . My brother was slightly sceptical where ghosts were concerned until our Dad died , then things kicked off & stuff even scientists couldn't explain started happening . But , I wont bother going any further