Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

Yes, the Todwick story is quite a popular one. It's supposed to be a horseman roaming the area. Drivers in cars stopping at the crossroads near the garden centre have allegedly witnessed something unnatural cross their path during the night.

Hey everyone!

I can confirm the sighting of the highwayman @ Packman Lane.

Coming from Kiveton Park myself I have seen it numerous times and also the spirit of the boy running across the road after the dip as well!!

Packman Lane is supposedly an old roman road apparently and I've heard a rumour that a small troop of roman soldiers walk the lane at nightime- cant confirm this though unfortunately.

:thumbsup: You can see pictures of Packman lane on our website YPS Its a very interesting place but i wouldn't go that for to say you can see a highwayman, a white mist yes.

I remember 3 years ago seeing with my own eyes the back end of a horse walking across the road in front of the car to the left with a rider wearing a cape and tricorn hat - very quick though..

If you come back down the lane it dosent seem to appear though.. only when you go past the layby and start going up the hill.. right at the top you'll see it!

Hi

Ive only just registered on here, the reason being that i did a search on google for Stanage Lodge and it came up with an archive thread about it being haunted, it was posted by pistol pete. I used to live up there, moved in in 1982 and left in 1996. As a kid it was quite scary but i got used to it. Was wondering if anyone else had any stories about the place, either about it being haunted or not?

Jon on this forum might have some info that you want mate..

give him a shout on here!!

I have visited Roche Abbey many times and find it a very good place to experience something strange. A group of us have heard monks chanting and have captured on video and strange light anomalie (not an orb). It is well worth a visit. We are going down again tonight!!

a few years ago I used to work at Ash House old peoples home at Dore. We had a resident who although quite normal most of the time was very agitated at meal times often unable to go into the dining room crying "look at the children". We moved her to another room which we served her meals in. Later on I discovered that prior to the war Ash House had been a hospice for sick children and the dining room had been used for terminal children. Also the same building was said to be haunted by the ghost of a former owner who had hung himself on the main staircase. I remember always being cold on the stairs however there was ahuge stained glass window there so what did I expect! Other strange events happened there but you'd have to buy me a pint to bore you with those!

i lived in #79 buchanan road and i am 99% sure this happened to me and not a dream

i was about 9 years old and was in bed with two of my older sisters i was in the middle i am getting goose bumps just thinking about it

for some reason i woke up and we had big duffle coats on the back of the bedroom door one slid forward and travelled around the bed as if on wheels it went back the same way, i did not wake my sisters up as i was scared stiff and couldn't move

shivering now dave

Maybe the rats were getting cold? lol only joking!

Things like that are hard to tell people without them thinking your abit bonkers or a complete liar. It was the same with my original story on here, there were many other things happened in that same house but i just dont tell people as they tend to think your going over the top.

Originally posted by ginger

for some reason i woke up and we had big duffle coats on the back of the bedroom door one slid forward and travelled around the bed as if on wheels

Semi-conciousness is a weird thing, but it's not real... sorry !

A group of friends and myself have often visited Roche Abbey near Maltby.....and have had some amazing experiences.

These include hearing chanting, terrific feelings of fear and the usual orbs on photos and a strange white ball of light caught on video.

Well worth checking out......