Sheffields best togger match last 50 years

Who's cricky,don't tell me that's swedish for cloughy and why would he knit fog:hihi:

Iv'e just brock a rule and looked back it was thee who said us Owls played tippy tappy ,I wondered why you was going round the houses.

I can't for the life of me spell Crikey .

I watched Rangers play Aberdeen tonight it was called of after 30 mins although conditions had improved.

Looks as though T.V. must have had some influence as to the match kicking off in the first place:(

I remember that game,s6 tippy tappy,300 passes to move forward 10 yrds against the blades attacking football,great entertainment:)

Nothing tippy tappy about our football at that time mate, Sheridan and Waddle pulling the strings in midfield, Worthington flying down the wing and Hirsty bangin em in, best football Sheffields ever seen, you can keep your Bassett era neanderthal hit and hope stuff.

Nothing tippy tappy about our football at that time mate, Sheridan and Waddle pulling the strings in midfield, Worthington flying down the wing and Hirsty bangin em in, best football Sheffields ever seen, you can keep your Bassett era neanderthal hit and hope stuff.

still tippy tappy though:)

Call it what you like I'd rather watch a thousand matches like that than one of Bassetts abominations.

Call it what you like I'd rather watch a thousand matches like that than one of Bassetts abominations.

fair enough,still tippy tappy though,

It always gets me when certain teams play direct ,it's long ball ,

but when man utd and chelsea do it,it's classed as attacking football or a brilliant long pass.Both these teams play that way when it suits them.

fair enough,still tippy tappy though,

It always gets me when certain teams play direct ,it's long ball ,

but when man utd and chelsea do it,it's classed as attacking football or a brilliant long pass.Both these teams play that way when it suits them.

There's a world of difference between a top player making a 40yd pass to a colleague and Bassetts (and Warnocks) Sunday league cloggers wellying it up front and hoping Deane gets his head on it, a style that has largely been confined to the dustbin of history.

There's a world of difference between a top player making a 40yd pass to a colleague and Bassetts (and Warnocks) Sunday league cloggers wellying it up front and hoping Deane gets his head on it, a style that has largely been confined to the dustbin of history.

Apart from the fact that man utd and chelsea still use it now and it's deffo longer than 40 yrd passes.Also it should have read bassett warnock and megson:)

Apart from the fact that man utd and chelsea still use it now and it's deffo longer than 40 yrd passes.Also it should have read bassett warnock and megson:)

Fair comment, we had Megson for about a season and a half (he got 4 points off your boys) you had Bassett and Warnock for the best part of two decades.............ooops I forgot Blackwell :help:

Fair comment, we had Megson for about a season and a half (he got 4 points off your boys) you had Bassett and Warnock for the best part of two decades.............ooops I forgot Blackwell :help:

Both the Blades managers you mention gained promotion to the top flight with a Sheffield club and Blackwell to a championship play off final so they must have been doing something right at the time.

You had more than megson who played that style but i can't remember names at the moment.off to bed now ,will think of others tomorrow.Also i bet you weren't slagging his style when he got you them 4 points:rolleyes:

Both the Blades managers you mention gained promotion to the top flight with a Sheffield club so they must have been doing something right at the time.

Like I said earlier that brand of football gets "found out" eventually (Warnock quicker than Bassett) I'd rather be rooted to the bottom of L2 than spend nigh on 20yrs watching it.

Like I said earlier that brand of football gets "found out" eventually (Warnock quicker than Bassett) I'd rather be rooted to the bottom of L2 than spend nigh on 20yrs watching it.

Well I'd rather watch us beat Man Utd and Arsenal but that's all a matter of personal choice.