Electric Bikes ..

I also would like to try before I buy , its a long term investment and I don't want to waste money. I plan to go and see what J E James has tomorrow and maybe a few others.

I need to do more research , although I walk a lot in my profession I am not 100% sure if I am fit enough with our hills or not , I do probably around 30 miles per day in distance so would need to know if the battery would sustain that ! I have also seen the electric moped line bikes but would like to use cycle paths rather than roads.

My aunt an uncle have recently started cycling on electric bikes, and have been very pleased to tell me the battery will last up to 26 miles... My thought was "what's the point then, I'd get stuck on a very heavy bike part way through my ride"!!!

Having ridden one for a few miles, the novelty was fun going up a slope, but generally I found it was monstrously uncomfortable, heavy and unwieldy.

Everyone is different, so I suggest try before you buy if possible!

Go to http://www.syebc.co.uk. They have a few bikes to choose from and let you test ride any bike. Also they know a lot more about electric bike then jejames

Been to look at J E Jams the woman in there didn't know about them at all , tried to say all batteries were the same , then tried to sell me a medium framed electric bike which was actually too big for me to ride confidently

! needless to say I didn't purchase this bike.

thats on our list just thought we would try local to us first and i wanted to look around theres one on there which I want to try

My hubby got an electric bike last year. He didn't want to spend a huge amount so plumped for the Coyote Connect folding bike from Halfords. I think it was about £500 It's been great so far. Unfortunately , he has multiple serious health problems and can no longer walk more than a few yards and the bike has given him back so much. He chose that one because you do have to pedal , though not with any great effort so he does get some exercise and it means we can get out together in the fresh air again and I can fold it for him and take it in the car if we want to go further afield .

Did you ever get sorted with an electric bike ? i actually have one that i built to my own requirements, i have built them for other people as well according to there requirements if you need any advice just ask :)

I am thinking of getting an electric Bike , does anyone have any good ideas with regards to what i should look at , I am not sure i will buy a brand new one so any recommendations will be greatly received. Now the bike has to be able to go from netheredge to woodseats , Norton lees areas every day for my work.

You could try Hassop Station on the Monsal Trail. They hire bikes including electric ones. You could go and try one there. They are big with advice.

They tend to sell off stock and replace bikes pretty regularly and often have bikes for sale that have been properly serviced.

There is even a voucher deal at the moment.

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/dealbank_en_gb/monsal-trail-cycle-hire-at-hassop-station/61828641?CID=UK_AFF_1047_10_1_1&utm_source=awn&utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=105015&utm_content=aff_1&nlp

Looks like a nice day out that does love derbyshire

Having ridden one for a few miles, the novelty was fun going up a slope, but generally I found it was monstrously uncomfortable, heavy and unwieldy.

Everyone is different, so I suggest try before you buy if possible!

That is how I found mine, although a kit conversion on your own bike could be different.