Removing network lock from phone

Does anyone know where I can get a Samsung galaxy S2 unlocked from Orange network please?

Needs to be fast, reliable and cheap!

Thanks

You can do it yourself, doesn't take long.

You need to root the device, then there's an unlock app.

Plenty of guides online, can't go wrong really.

Thanks Geared, didn't want to root it to be honest. There's quite a lot of procedures involved and I'm bound to make a mess of it!

Buy code on ebay, easy

you often don't need to root to unlock it, usually just flashing with none network firmware (Samsung original, unbranded) Does the job...

That's what I did with mine...

your network will also unlock it.. depending on how long youve been with them, they can do it for free.

I can do this for you, £10, Drop it one day and pickup the next. If you are interested text me 07446165256

Thanks for the replies so far.

It was on Orange so over £20 for them to unlock it :mad:

Codes on eBay, interesting. I'll have a look at that

Not sure I want to risk flashing it, mainly because I've no idea what I'm doing and don't want to 'brick' it

Wildy1771, what would you do to unlock it please? Where are you located and could you do it while I wait?

Thanks

It would take me around two hours, speed dependent. I would be flashing it with a stock rom. (unlocked) im located in S5 Parson Cross

theres an app for that!

scrap that... they now charge etc..... and your not rooted.

I fail today! :hihi:

Edited by stimpy

Do the codes on eBay work?

I'm always suspicious of that, mainly because if it was that easy you'd be able to download the code online for free from somewhere.

The iphone codes are rubbish, those network locks are controlled by a large Apple database IIRC.

---------- Post added 15-01-2015 at 12:00 ----------

you often don't need to root to unlock it, usually just flashing with none network firmware (Samsung original, unbranded) Does the job...

That's what I did with mine...

I flashed custom firmware and still had to use an unlock app :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Obviously was dead easy, as it was already rooted from doing the flash.

Wildey, there's no chance it will end up being bricked is there?

if you were closer it would help, but I'm in Woodseats and its a fair trek up to the cross. Still might take you up on your offer though. Will let you know.

Been checking out the codes on ebay. For some reason it seems codes to unlock an Orange phone are £10 more expensive than the others :suspect:

Not sure I'm ready for this flashing business, I've looked into it a little, but it seems there are many ways you could make a complete mess of it!

Strange how O2 don't charge to unlock your phone (as long as you have done the contract duration) but Orange, and I suspect others do. Its a bloody rip off!!

I've paid for the phone, its mine, so why do I need to pay to have it unlocked? :rant: