Charlie Hebdo available in Sheffield?

My newsagent was taking orders last Sunday for copies and was told they will be delivered on Friday. I gather he had 60 people putting their names down for copies.

And - like most newsagents in Sheffield who can be a*sed I guess - if you order any French Daily, eg Le Monde, Liberation or Italian (eg The Pink 'Un - La Gazetta Dello Sport), he gets copies in on the day of publication.

But then he is an independent newsagent, not a chain, believing in service.

I'm not sure it was ever distributed in south yorkshire/lincolnshire before, but I can easily imagine that Comag will be bringing more than a 1000 copies over for the uk market for this issue

^^ Which newsagent are you talking about?

Muir Baxter on Crookes, though the excellent guy at Walkley News on South Road, Majunder Singh, will also go out of his way to source any publication for you. Both top guys.

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 08:24 ----------

CHARLIE HEBDO IS NOT AVAILABLE TODAY in local newsagents in Sheffield.

Sadly, John Menzies & Comag have not distributed any of the copies ordered by local newsagents around the city, letting down a considerable number of people.

It would seem copies, limited in number, have only been distributed to major cities. So, you can get a newstand copy by St Pancras station this morning, as a friend has done, or in Manchester but not Sheffield.

Or are my facts wrong & you've been able to get a copy locally? Do tell.

I've never seen Comag import that title before -to south yorkshire or the surrounding regions but it is in the MDB listing so hey should order one if they can.

After the furore dies down you'll probably be able to order a back issue of it. I'm guessing the'll be a re-run.