Locking wheel nut removal

Hi, had my car in some garage in the middle of nowhere for tracking end/rod and some other stuff replacement (as could not drive to decent place:hihi:). Picked up a car few days later, and realised (when got back home) that one of the locking nuts is cut/drilled (not really sure what was done to it) and original socket is missing (and i am 110% i left in in the car and showed to mechanic!).

So i guess they broke it, tried to cut it off... will be contacting them tomorrow.

All i want to know how much it would cost me to remove 4 locking wheel nuts (1 of them clearly looks cut/drilled)

Car is Peugeot 206CC (05 plate)

thanks

You can get a tool to remove it, but your looking around a £100 I would say depending on the garage and how easily they come off

Depends on type, I recently had to remove mine and just used a spider, blowtorch and lump hammer....oh, and plenty of elbow grease, it wasn't easy but worked and done absolutely no damage whatsoever except to the spider which has been flattened on one end where it was battered with the hammer.

It's not that much of a drama to be fair... First spray the locking nut with wd40 ,then u need a socket that very slightly to small for the locking nut.... And force it on with a few good wacks with a lump hammer ... Then take the nut out as usuall... It,ll come off,.. Then just put replacment bolts in that cost £2 each.

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 07:13 ----------

You can get a tool to remove it, but your looking around a £100 I would say depending on the garage and how easily they come off

A £100????? :help:..... More like if you gave a tyre fitter £20 to get them off you,d be doing him a favour.

Ooops put a extra 0 on there! Quite expensive at £100 a tyre!

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 10:34 ----------

Should pay no more then £10 that's per wheel

Most tyre garages have the tools to do this work as it's quite common, so call a few local places up and get prices.

Get onto the monkeys that ruined yours in the first place - I hope you didn't settle the bill there and then, because thats shocking behaviour.

A replacement locking nut adaptor is around £45 from Peugeot.

To be honest, Peugeot locking bolts are just awful, the pins in the adaptor wears away, normally because some goon at a tyre fitters had used an air gun on them.

Replacement standard wheel bolts are about £2.50 each from Peugeot dealers.

Most folk in the Pug community take off the locking nuts and replace them with standard.

sadly i paid all in full when i collected a car.

I phoned them today, and asked why wheel nut is damaged on that wheel they were fixing track rod etc. and locking wheel adaptor missing.

And that they said to me it was shocking! they said: it was like this before they started a job?! they said they coudn't find an adaptor and decided to change tracking rod/end without taking a wheel off.

BUT

Common, i wash my car myself and i know how wheelnuts looked before. when a guy came to pick my car (with a trailer) i showed him locking wheel adapter and put in the ashtray as i don't smoke in the car (And he knew that,cos i told him twice to make sure he remembers that) and now he sayd he couldn't find it the adapter???

i am fuming right now

thanks all for suggestions

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 17:28 ----------

if i buy new tyres at grahams maybe they will remove wheel nuts free of charge?