Sheffield City Council & Local Elections 2015

What party will you be voting for in May ?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What party will you be voting for in May ?

It's a shame you have chosen to bring out the tuition fee debate too. Personally I give Clegg credit for his apology, unlike any normal politician. Although I very much regret the outcome if the tuition fee pledge, but I also accept in an enlightened way that this is a reality of coalition politics; which wouldn't have happened in a Lib Dem majority government. It's not a local issue either which rather speaks to my opinion about you and your cheap shots at the Lib Dems at any opportunity.

Those who make a big deal of the tuition fee thing and then go on to vote Labour are utter, utter idiots. Labour introduced tuition fees and don't have any intention to abolish them.

Need to factor in that local elections this year are held on the same day as general elections and that would tend to give much higher turn out.

Its often said that a high turnout in council elections favours Labour, but this year it could equally well favour UKIP.

Pollsters claim that a significant part of the UKIP vote is coming from voters who previously felt there was nothing worth turning out for. I cant see many people turning out vote in GE2015 then not casting a vote in the council elections.

Isn't that the same down Cambridge and most other places darn sarrff?

Not exactly. Cambridge has two MPs - one LibDem and one Tory.

The city council, however, is almost entirely a combination of Labour and LibDem.

Not exactly. Cambridge has two MPs - one LibDem and one Tory.

The city council, however, is almost entirely a combination of Labour and LibDem.

For example. The point I was making is that people vote one way or another because that's what they've always regardless of their political persuasion. The tories will not lose the ward of Uxbridge and South Ruislip even if they put a pig up for canditure .... in fact they have with Boris Johnson. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2754148/Boris-Johnson-sees-challenge-three-rivals-selected-fight-safe-Tory-seat-year-s-general-election.html

Subjecting people to personal insults doesn't further your political cause i.e. to say most people who don't agree with you are not enlightened is not a persuasive argument.

It wasn't aimed at anyone, so not a personal insult and it wasn't meant to further a cause or be persuasive. There's little hope of persuading anyone on here to vote any other way than that which they have stated. It was simply a statement of opinion. I.e. surprise, surprise, I tend to agree with people who vote a similar way to me.

Edited by biotechpete

It wasn't aimed at anyone, so not a personal insult and it wasn't meant to further a cause or be persuasive. There's little hope of persuading anyone on here to vote any other way than that which they have stated. It was simply a statement of opinion. I.e. surprise, surprise, I tend to agree with people who vote a similar way to me.

If that is your attitude then there's little point in posting, read a book or something.

If that is your attitude then there's little point in posting, read a book or something.

Jog on...I answered the OP. I'm happy to debate politics bit I don't do it in the hope of furthering a cause or persuade people to vote a certain way. Everyone is free to make up their own mind about what is best for them and I am free to disagree. What's the problem in that?

Guest sibon
Surely it's a subjective concept without need for justification..

. I'm happy to debate politics

Top debating skills Pete.

"I'm right, that's it".

No evidence offered for your arrogant claim. I'll ask again, do you have any evidence that Lib Dem voters are "more enlightened"?

Notice that I snipped all of the personal abuse. You can do it again if you like:rolleyes:

UKIP 37.04%

Labour 12.96%

Conservative 9.26%

Guest sibon
UKIP 37.04%

Labour 12.96%

Conservative 9.26%

Forfar 5

East Fife 4

Clearly it looks like people have had enough of Labour, More job cuts to come in the city , Increasing rent an council tax in the space of a week.