Loud bangs at High Green area

Who else has heard the 'random' loud bangs in the High Green area over the last 2 weeks???

Anyone any ideas of what they are or where they are coming from? We live near where the old Salutation pub was.

Extreme gas on Ashwood close. One of the residents has major gas problems.

I live down near Westwood dam and I also have heard these bangs I thought they were probably someone out shooting but I have just heard another two bangs 7am surely nobody are out shooting in the pitch black Can someone throw some light on the mystery

There have been loud bangs at intervals of 20/30 mins. from 7am most days since the start of 2015.I live on the estate behind what used to be The Rose pub.It sounds to be coming from the woods and maybe shooting.Being retired it is infuriating to be woken every morning but more than anything if they are shooting animals there can't be much left.

I live off Ashwood at High Green and have been hearing loud bangs most days since the start of 2015.They are at 20 to 30 minutes intervals and start around 7am.If they are shooting in the woods there can't be much wildlife left.I am retired now and like to wake up when I want NOT when someone else decides for me.

It'll be a gas powered bird scarer programmed to work within (roughly) the hours of daylight. They usually let off 2 or 3 bangs in short succession followed by a pause of a few minutes.

Usually used by farmers when a crop wheat/rape/sugar beet is just starting to sprout as wood pigeons love to eat the new green shoots.

This sounds feasible what corky says because surely nobody goes out shooting 7days a week it would cost them a fortune in cartridges

Why is High Green mentioned in Sheffield Forum when its a small deprived town in Barnsley?

Why is High Green mentioned in Sheffield Forum when its a small deprived town in Barnsley?

And Grenoside fancies itself as a village, not a suburb of North Sheffield