Poor car radio reception

Is anyone else noticed a deterioration in their car radio reception in the last week or so?

Having trouble even with local stations like Sheffield and Hallam. Realise it might be the radio but no such trouble with national stations such as Radio 1.

Yes, I've noticed that too. I drive to Barnsley on a daily basis and I lose Radio Sheffield and Hallam FM at the Police Station in Ecclesfield and signal doesn't improve until I get to Worsborough.

Yes, I've noticed that too. I drive to Barnsley on a daily basis and I lose Radio Sheffield and Hallam FM at the Police Station in Ecclesfield and signal doesn't improve until I get to Worsborough.

Not necessarily a bad thing...

I'm quite happy to give my ears a rest. Especially when it's the breakfast shows. Radio 4 is much better.

Budget cuts, savings. Reduce the signal to save a few pound.

I sometimes listen to radio Sheffield. There have always been the odd blackspots as I drive around (due to the geography of the land, I think), but I've not noticed it get any worse recently.

They could switch it off altogether between 7 and 10. Would be an improvement.

Probably just the bad weather, often get signal issues in high winds and stuff.

There might have been damage to the main antennae as well?

I gave always wondered why Radio 1 is a more consistent signal around Sheffield than Radio Sheffield is.

I have the same problem with Radio Sheffield as soon as I reach old Mosborough the signal deteriorates,in my house I have to move the kitchen radio to a certain spot or its a no go!.My expensive all whistles and bells stereo in the living room is no good at all trying to pick up the signal,mayby its atmospherics or the transmitter is in a bad spot,when the old Radio Sheffield was at Broomhill higher up than it is situated now I had no problem!.Having said that I have picked up the signal clear as a bell all the way to the east coast 80 miles away!.

Edited by old tup
put broomhall instead of broomhill,stupid boy!.

Same here and I'm sure my in car DAB radio signal has suffered from poor reception recently also.

I have the same problem with Radio Sheffield as soon as I reach old Mosborough the signal deteriorates,in my house I have to move the kitchen radio to a certain spot or its a no go!.My expensive all whistles and bells stereo in the living room is no good at all trying to pick up the signal,mayby its atmospherics or the transmitter is in a bad spot,when the old Radio Sheffield was at Broomhall higher up than it is situated now I had no problem!.Having said that I have picked up the signal clear as a bell all the way to the east coast 80 miles away!.

Must admit it is a couple of years since I was over that way but I did find it surprising that I had better reception of Radio Sheffield on the M62 between Manchester and Sheffield than I did in Sheffield.

I have noticed that reception of Radio Sheffield has become worst as you enter the Morrisons car park at Catcliffe. It never was brilliant but seems to have deteriorated over the least few months :huh: