Me ne suis pas Charlie

It is a pretty rubbish religion that can't cope with folk questioning it. It seems Islam continues to exist due to blind acceptance and the murder of folk who question it.

It is interesting that folk get murdered for a cartoon depicting Mohammed. If no pictures are allowed to exist how does anyone know that a cartoon is of him and not one of the billion folk who have been called Mohammed in the last thousand years. Wasn't there bother over a hamster called Mohammed a few years back?

---------- Post added 15-01-2015 at 14:38 ----------

Odd though that Israel only retaliates when attack my Islamists. It seems Islamists attack just about anyone these days. Would you blame them all for retaliating is your hatred confined to Jews?

I think there was a teddy bear in Africa called mohammed at one point that got the zealots riled a bit.

A teacher gone to help and educate those less fortunate than her.

IMO freedom of speech is interpreted in different ways,

Some say it includes the right to offend and some believe it doesn't.

The special edition of Charlie Hebdo is seen by some as standing up to extremists and showing them that we will still print what we like under freedom of speech which IMO is understandable.

On the other hand we have some people and that includes non muslims who believe that the latest Charlie Hebdo edition is a provocative gesture as it is known that some people see it as insulting their religion.

Where would your draw the line though, lets say it becomes illegal so say bad things about religion because of the offense it may cause, it should then follow that a lot of the religious texts should be banned because of the offense it can cause, sooner or later no one can say, write or draw anything because of the offense it may cause.

Where would your draw the line though, lets say it becomes illegal so say bad things about religion because of the offense it may cause, it should then follow that a lot of the religious texts should be banned because of the offense it can cause, sooner or later no one can say, write or draw anything because of the offense it may cause.

That's the govt plan. To stop terrorists taking away our freedoms the govt is going to take away our freedoms.

Before its removed a must watch for you all is >>>>

There is however a history and tradition of images of Muhammed:

http://tarekfatah.com/images-of-prophet-muhammad-from-islamic-art-and-history-before-the-clan-of-ibn-saud-took-islam-hostage/

And the principle of 'not creating, or looking at, images of people' seems to be applied somewhat selectively. Do Muslims not use cameras/mobile phones , or watch TV or read newspapers with images of people?

We must perhaps conclude that it is simply the mockery (of religion) which is objectionable to them.

Why do these religious nutjobs throw their toys out of the pram over a cartoon. ?

Its like the other year when the same variety of religious idiots spat the dummy out because someone called a TEDDY BEAR Mohamid .

These people really need to get a life and stop living it by what it says in some fictional comic. ( this applies to ALL religions)

Why do these religious nutjobs throw their toys out of the pram over a cartoon. ?

Its like the other year when the same variety of religious idiots spat the dummy out because someone called a TEDDY BEAR Mohamid .

These people really need to get a life and stop living it by what it says in some fictional comic. ( this applies to ALL religions)

These people in Niger, Mali etc. would never have seen such a cartoon.

They will have been whipped up by their leaders, most likely at Friday Prayers.

Their inter-tribal fighting has going on for decades, if not longer and this is just being used as another excuse for a bit of burning/killing/looting.

These people in Niger, Mali etc. would never have seen such a cartoon.

They will have been whipped up by their leaders, most likely at Friday Prayers.

Their inter-tribal fighting has going on for decades, if not longer and this is just being used as another excuse for a bit of burning/killing/looting.

Are you saying they don't have access to the Internet in Niger, Mali etc?

Why do these religious nutjobs throw their toys out of the pram over a cartoon

Because there are no visual representations of the prophet Mohammed.

So, for a devoutly religious person, this would be a very shocking thing to see.

And very upsetting, I would imagine.

Because there are no visual representations of the prophet Mohammed.

So, for a devoutly religious person, this would be a very shocking thing to see.

And very upsetting, I would imagine.

If people get upset by a cartoon there really is no hope for them.

If people get upset by a cartoon there really is no hope for them.

And if people cannot try to understand another persons point of view, penis, then there really is no hope for them

And if people cannot try to understand another persons point of view, penis, then there really is no hope for them

I can understand someone being offended by a cartoon of Mohammed.

I think it's stupid, and that they should grow up, but I understand it.